Michigan.....time to show up and roll out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan.....time to show up and roll out

In my rebuild thread, there has been a stated interest for a meet up in da mitten state ( southern part).
    More than overdo.
    Before we get into the agenda...lets pick a day.

I think June 13, 2015 (a Saturday) is a good day;: to roll out.
    Please state if this date works....and any recommendations to an alternative date.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Should work for Ashley and I, unless we do something crazy like a road trip since that's our b-day weekend.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

How far up in Michigan? Im just south of you
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

June 13th sounds good to me, I'll do what I can to keep that day open.

Counting myself there are 9 members in the Metro Detroit area that I am aware of. Although one I'm not sure if he is still in the area, another, who I have met, I haven't heard from in quite some time and last I knew he was trying to sell his panther, and a third who I've also met in person but his work schedule tends to be weird so he may not be able to make it.

HiFiMerc is over on the west side of the state, so something like a 3hr drive to the Metro Detroit area, and there's another guy up in the Flint area.

marquis_82_withneons, the area of Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, Shelby Charter Township would probably be the Northern most meeting location but more members are further South so I don't know that we would meet that far north.

It looks like we have 4 yes replys counting myself, a possible 5th if lithdoc isn't working and I can convince him to go, and a maybe for marquis_82_withneons if he wants to make the 3hr drive.

Grand1,
        DerekTheGreat,
        AshleyTheGreat,
        VicCrownVic

Who else?
        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 04-29-2015, 09:01 AM.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ashley doesn't know about this yet but that's because she wont use this site! I'm working on her though. Marquis_82, would probably be a three hour drive tops.

Anyway, you guys like burgers or malts?

Comment

Depending on where in michigan the meet is located I can most likely come.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I could probably rock it. Depend if i got the interior/stereo back in thw 82. Might have a 2nd tag along in his 88 towny
              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

interested.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Ashley doesn't know about this yet but that's because she wont use this site! I'm working on her though. Marquis_82, would probably be a three hour drive tops.

Anyway, you guys like burgers or malts?
                  When it comes to food I'm not picky, burgers AND malts sounds like a win to me.
                  You have a place in mind?
                  I think we can pull together about a dozen vehicles, half dozen for sure, and we'll probably have slightly more people than vehicles since my wife will be with me and others may do the same as well.
                  Of course at roughly a month and a half away that estimate could very easily change to be more than 6-12 people.
                  Last edited by VicCrownVic; 04-29-2015, 01:32 PM.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

If we have 6 or more cars I'm saying a cruise down Woodward in our panthers is in order, represent!
                    There are a couple good burger joints on Woodward but Athens Coney has a nice big parking lot for us to gather in and a very tasty chocolate malt. Can't speak for their burger as I've never had it.. Cold brews would have to be sourced from the bars, Red Coat, Vinsetta's Garage or Duggan's could be possible destinations. Duggan's has a nicer than average lot.

Comment

http://www.saac.com/?tribe_events=sa...ity-show-go-40

How about the 31 of June at Ford World Headquarters.

Possible meet up at Fairlane Mall
                      Last edited by turbo2256b; 04-29-2015, 05:08 PM.
                      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Metro Detroit? Hmmmm. Maybe.
                        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Dearborn
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Put me down as a maybe. Let's see what the future brings.
                            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                              http://www.saac.com/?tribe_events=sa...ity-show-go-40

How about the 31 of June at Ford World Headquarters.

Possible meet up at Fairlane Mall
                              I know you won't be in the area on June 13th (most likely), and you have mentioned in the past that you attend the event at the Ford World Headquarters each year.
                              It looks like the flyer says May 31, I'll have to think about attending this event as well. I would attend as a spectator, my car is not nice enough to enter into any shows.

My vote is to keep the June 13th meet, and anyone who would like to head to the Ford event on May 31 can do that as well.

Derek, is
                              Athen's Coney Island
                              32657 Woodward Ave
                              Royal Oak, MI 48073
                              the place you are referring to?
                              I vote yes since I have no suggestion on a meeting place.

I heard from lithdoc, he would like to attend the June 13th meet.
                              Do we have a time that we want to meet?
                              I think it may help lithdoc (and others) decide if he wants to put in for the day off from work if he knows what time we plan to meet (may not need to take time off depending on our meeting time).

So far it looks like our list for June 13 is:
                              Grand1,
                              DerekTheGreat,
                              lithdoc,
                              VicCrownVic +1

and like 5 maybes/interested that have loads of time to decide if they want to join for sure (and may not be able to tell for sure until the time is closer to the event).
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                              X