No announcement yet.

Michigan.....time to show up and roll out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are places that refinish torn and scratched bumpers. It is not that expensive. Police departments are their best customers !
    If you only saw what they do to vehicles, just because it isn't their own.
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 06-09-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
      Barring any unseen plague,pestilence, death, nuclear holocaust, or act of god I will be there. And Vic don't worry about having the worst car there, my whale is a 20 footer for sure, theres issues with the front and rear bumpers. The original owner was by no means an excellent driver, he was also a retired cop from Ft. Lauderdale Florida which may explain it.
      Yah Vic, enough with bashing your own car! Cars with 'custom' exteriors usually never have problems merging haha. Looks like TC's are going to dominate! Ash and I just had ours Krowned, the oil dripping everwhere puts smiles on our faces, so much we have to open our doors with napkins haha
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        There are places that refinish torn and scratched bumpers. It is not that expensive. Police departments are their best customers !
        If you only saw what they do to vehicles, just because it isn't their own.
        I was going to just buy an unpainted front and rear and have someone paint it. The problem is I've talked to several local body shops and nobody seems to be able to match a pearlescent tricoat without repainting the entire car. Definately not something that I can afford to have done.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I'd say that if you really love the car then just wait until all the paint fades and then redo the paint & top at the same time so it's all fresh again. Ash is saving to do just that to her Townie.

Comment

Honestly I'm probably better off to just leave it be, it's not that bad and if I get it fixed my luck would be that within a week some bozo would hit me and ruin it. As far as the paint fading I don't see the car lasting that long my '88 was stored outside from new by me and both previous owners, and as of April of this year when I totalled it the paint was still excellant. The Town Car is going to be stored inside during winters so it will probably last even longer.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

So looks like you'll be good for years! Ashley's clear coat is continuing to peel & peel, I've noticed its worse than when we got it. Dash has also cracked too since then. Can't wait to have a bigger garage...

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                So looks like you'll be good for years! Ashley's clear coat is continuing to peel & peel, I've noticed its worse than when we got it. Dash has also cracked too since then. Can't wait to have a bigger garage...
                Yeah I know what you mean I've only had access to the garage since February before that I had to leave cars sit out all the time and it sucks. Of course I don't get to use it until winter, for now I'm parking in the driveway under an Elm tree that drips about 30 gallons of sap a day. Which is exactly why I bought a car cover. Peeling clear coat also sucks as well as cracked dash pads. The one in my '88 Grand Marquis was mint until I stuck my index finger through it right above the autolamp sensor about 2 years after I got it. It didn't go all the way through just enough to put a crack in the grill area but it still pissed me off something terrible.

Comment

LOL, I just wanted to make sure that if there's anyone who is still thinking about going that they don't use the lame excuse of "my car isn't nice enough".

Interestingly my car is the second newest of the confirmed attendees, and has the second newest instrument cluster at only one year older than the newest.
                  Too bad I never got around to finishing my EATC mod, I'll probably get to that at the end of June/beginning of July during shutdown when I have a week off.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                    Yeah I know what you mean I've only had access to the garage since February before that I had to leave cars sit out all the time and it sucks. Of course I don't get to use it until winter, for now I'm parking in the driveway under an Elm tree that drips about 30 gallons of sap a day. Which is exactly why I bought a car cover. Peeling clear coat also sucks as well as cracked dash pads. The one in my '88 Grand Marquis was mint until I stuck my index finger through it right above the autolamp sensor about 2 years after I got it. It didn't go all the way through just enough to put a crack in the grill area but it still pissed me off something terrible.
                    Basecoat doesn't really have much in the way of UV resistance so I'm wondering how long she has before it NEEDS paint.. Her dashpad was minty up until the winter, I guess the cold interior plus warm sunlight caused nastiness. Waiting for mine to go as it sits outside now too, under a tree so partially shaded but birds poop all over it.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                    LOL, I just wanted to make sure that if there's anyone who is still thinking about going that they don't use the lame excuse of "my car isn't nice enough".

Interestingly my car is the second newest of the confirmed attendees, and has the second newest instrument cluster at only one year older than the newest.
                    Too bad I never got around to finishing my EATC mod, I'll probably get to that at the end of June/beginning of July during shutdown when I have a week off.
                    LoL, I like the 90-91 instrument clusters. THey didn't have tripminder those years did they?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      LoL, I like the 90-91 instrument clusters. THey didn't have tripminder those years did they?
                      No tripminder that I'm aware of for 90+ unless there is a digidash that has it, in that case it likely would have been a TC only thing.

90-91 instrument clusters are ok, but I have a cluster from a 2000 P71 in my car, I like it more than the 90-91 cluster.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I don't know if there was a digital dash option for the '90-'91 Crown Vic or Grand Marquis but I don't think there was, I believe that the Town Car never lost the Tripminder. My '01 doesn't have the digi-dash but does have a Tripminder, though it's lost some features they had on the earlier ones. Gone are the timer, instant mpg, and fuel used that were on my Tripminder in the '88 Grand Marquis. The one in the Town Car has Trip A and B, average mpg, average speed, and has added a distance to empty feature which is actually pretty damn accurate.

I can't think of much I lost option wise when I went from my '95 Grand Marquis to the '88 Grand Marquis, but I did gain a power passenger seat and leather seats in the '88 which I didn't have in the '95. Going from the '88 Grand Marquis to the '01 Town Car I gained power pedals, traction control, power recline on the seats and power lumbar, cupholders front and rear which is a big deal for me, headlights on with the windshield wipers which is nice, the wonderful turn signal warning chime, and door/trunk ajar warnings and chimes, the rear seat heat/AC ducts, and the 6 disc CD changer.
                        Last edited by mercurygm88; 06-09-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Power lumbar would be awesome. I'd seriously consider trading my Townie for a Mk. VII or 5.0 T-Bird. I might even demo the base TC seats.

Comment

Just got done cleaning the interior and conditioning the leather, gonna wash and wax tomorrow to be ready for Saturday. I'm gonna have her shining like a new diamond, hell I've even got functioning air ride now.

Comment

Official check in....dove gray Lincoln will be en route.

And remember gentleman, I recommend a tombstone formation....motorcade like...

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Checking in! Ash and I will be there in our TC's, mine with fresh exhaust job (not sure how I feel about the turbo mufflers) and we are going to clean up the interiors right now. Motorcade style cruise sounds rad!

Comment

Working...
                                X