PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 1988 Lincoln Town Car

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I guess I shouldn't tell you guys that I run PowerFlo filters that I got a pile of for less than $1 each on my cars.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

LoL no, at that point you might as well just run an empty filter case..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

they're actually Purolator filters, not near as bad as the cheap price would indicate. Dollar cost isn't the ultimate measure in determining quality.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Never said it was. However, you typically get what you pay for. If someone already did their homework to determine where a filter actually comes from and how it's internals stacks up then OK. Me? I don't have those connections. Weight is a good indicator.. It's not like they'll let you cut the filters open before you buy one. I ran A/C Delco or Motorcraft ones for years before I tried the Purolator Boss filters and noticed my oil remained noticeably cleaner for longer before I switched to 'em. At Meijer they were among the cheaper filters available.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011