Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful.

Came here to say exactly this. I want one. Gold looks nice too. Oh and holy hell that engine was nasty before! Leaking from everywhere possible and looked like it had been run hot multiple times.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice work cleaning everything up.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What is the red thing in the heater hose? If you're shutting off flow to the core, it will screw with what the ECT sees since there isn't good coolant flow past it anymore. That will affect what the ECM does for fuel and such.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Came here to say exactly this. I want one. Gold looks nice too. Oh and holy hell that engine was nasty before! Leaking from everywhere possible and looked like it had been run hot multiple times.
          Thanks for the compliments.
          Actually, it didn't leak as badly as some or as badly as it should have. Averaged a quart for every 1000 miles. Main seals and base pan gasket was tight. Most of the leaks were top end (intake manifold and valve cover gaskets). That was combo leaking and burning (all 8 valve stem seals were risen to the tops).
          As for run hot, it only did once. But it was a bad one. It was the beginning of the end of that engine.
          Last edited by nfldfordltd; 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Nice work cleaning everything up.
            That means a lot, coming from the master of clean himself.
            I guess I'll have to take some pictures of it installed to show what it really looks like
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              What is the red thing in the heater hose? If you're shutting off flow to the core, it will screw with what the ECT sees since there isn't good coolant flow past it anymore. That will affect what the ECM does for fuel and such.
              It's a garden hose coolant flush fitting, installed where the TBL switch used to be.
              I did have to make a restriction for the heater core inlet tube because I was sick and tired of replacing heater cores. It still flows well and there's no codes for the ECT, plus I can now get longer than a summer from a heater core.

Comment

ok, no problem. As long as its moving coolant its good. Looked a bit like a valve of some sort though.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                  It's a garden hose coolant flush fitting, installed where the TBL switch used to be.
                  I did have to make a restriction for the heater core inlet tube because I was sick and tired of replacing heater cores. It still flows well and there's no codes for the ECT, plus I can now get longer than a summer from a heater core.
                  I thought these things already had some sort of restriction in place, just inside the feed tube for the heater core? There's some sort of black restrictor thingy in mine. Could've been put there by someone before me though.

Comment

I thought these things already had some sort of restriction in place, just inside the feed tube for the heater core? There's some sort of black restrictor thingy in mine. Could've been put there by someone before me though.
                    Not sure about it...none of my replacement heater cores had one nor did the original heater core. Some may have had one, and maybe yours was put there by a PO.
                    I made mine by cutting a hole in one of the rubber end caps that came on the replacement core, putting it back on over the feed tube, then sliding the heater hose on over the end cap/feed tube and putting the clamp back on. Second year on this core now with no issues, hopefully it hangs in there. I've lost count of how many heater cores I've replaced in this car. I do remember having one that lasted less than a fortnight.

Comment

For the hell of it, post number 800! haha

Comment

LoL, I have never posted so much to a forum in my life. Something about this one.

Guess I meant to say feed HOSE. That's the job that's got a restrictor in it with my car. Might have been put there by someone else.

Comment

LoL, I have never posted so much to a forum in my life. Something about this one.

Guess I meant to say feed HOSE. That's the job that's got a restrictor in it with my car. Might have been put there by someone else.
                          I've creeped an lurked in a lot of forums over the years, even joined a couple besides this one. Honestly, this is the best one, hands down. Excellent advice, non-judgemental, expect nothing in return, all around good people. Even though I live in the land of black spruce trees and loneliness, I have been fortunate enough to meet two other members in person and they are every bit as good in person as they are online. I'd love to go to a ScottFest or some other GMN meet in the future, it's on my bucket list for sure.

My car has all new heater hose, some of which is molded OEM-style hose. Original and new stuff has no restrictors of any kind, I'm guessing yours was put there by a PO. My theory on it is the original TBL switch was choked off a bit, creating a natural restriction from the factory. If it was in the correct line, I can't recall now if the TBL was in the feed or return line.

Comment

Yah, the peeps are good on here.

My stuff must be all original, which is a bit of a yikes factor but until they start to piss or look rotted/swollen, they're going to stay put. I think the TBL is on the feed line, would make sense as that's hottest and would activate that heat element thing inside it faster.

Comment

hehe... nah... you don't post much

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                                hehe... nah... you don't post much
                                Best kind.
                                But I am senior in years though

Comment

Working...
                                X