Quick AFCO rear shock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick AFCO rear shock question

Heard good things about this AFCO front shock (http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-1...7-7,24417.html) in the "Making a box not handle like a box.." thread. What's a good AFCO rear shock to run with this? I'll be running 925 front springs/175 rear springs, if that helps.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Definitely curious about this too

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

First you need to install the springs and measure distance between mounting points of the shocks. Then find a shock that is in mid travel. Car must be on its wheels to measure properly. Many shocks will give extended and compressed length so some math is needed to find mid travel. Some give a mid travel range.
      For the rear another option is available an adapter that allows eye mounts for the upper end so both ends would be like the bottom mount. Doing this eliminates the issue with cutting the top pin mount off to remove the shock.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Post these kinda questions on that thread. Sot that all the suspension questions are answered in one place.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
          Post these kinda questions on that thread. Sot that all the suspension questions are answered in one place.
          Will do. I made a new thread becuase I didn't want to thread-jack, haha. Moderator(s), please delete this thread. I'll re-post in Bobcat's thread.
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
          X