Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only $2,500!!! Must see.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5020811522.html

What a great deal, no lowballers either man.

1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

put down the crack pipe!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

More like pass it around! Better not take a hit before you go out to the bar, never know what you'd wake up next to...

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like the header panel on the nose of that car was replaced as some time?
        It looks like it was potentially a $2500 car before some clown hit it, but even with out the body damage it'll be hard to get $2500 with an engine bay that looks that dirty.
        And why is the boot for the distributor sitting over by the blower motor?
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah, it very well could've been.
          I think it's absurd with what people think their crap is worth, never ceases to amaze me. "Some body work needed" SOME?? F'n thing is totalled, frame is bent ya moron. Give ya 500 for parts.
          Probably because it wouldn't run so they checked the plugs. Why is the air cleaner's snorkel missing?

Comment

Given that it has a clean title...

I bet he piled it up, didn't go through insurance, and is hoping to recoup some of his investment.

I don't see how that would not be totalled by an insurance company. I've writeoffs on older cars with considerably less damage.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

parts car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Its gotta be a joke.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

My Insurance gave me $2200 and let me retain the title for my mint '89 that was written off due to vandalism. But that was 3 years ago and had about $8,000 between the engine and tranny

Comment

Could simply be recycling the drugs he took in the 60's!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      Could simply be recycling the drugs he took in the 60's!!!
                      We could all probably get high off of Keith Richards' ashes once he's cremated haha.

It's totalled for sure. My '88 was totalled over much less, and Progressive valued it at $2,400. People over here are comedians.

Comment

$2500 without the damage I could maybe see

As is, that's a $300 derby/parts/scrap car
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Maybe mistake is really 2500 pennies
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Looks like the frame might be tweaked. Junkyard'll give ya $250 for that, $300 tops. "No lowball" indeed!

1995 Grand Marquis GS
                            - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
                            1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
                            1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            I'll make it fit.
                            I own hammers.

Comment

Wow, that thing took one hell of a hit. Bent the quarter panel metal so badly that it's cracked. Same thing with the trunk lid. Bumper supports on the driver side are definitely shot too (note the zip-ties used for "repairs"). I wouldn't give more than $400 for it. I'm only going that high because of how mint the interior is.

+1 mismatched bumper filler panel. Ewwwww.
                              Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 05-12-2015, 07:22 PM. Reason: added some context.
                              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
                              X