Ashley's 1989 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley's 1989 Lincoln Town Car

Meet my 1989 Lincoln Town Car! I've been the very proud owner of this since 3/30/14.

A lot has been done to it since I have had the pleasure of owning it including a rebuilt transmission, TFI Module, ATC Sensor, tires, upgraded to JBL speakers/amp, calipers, rotors, brakes and brake hoses, starter solenoid, thermostat, intake manifold gaskets, window motors and a lot of little things here and there. Oh, and that nice Harsens Island plate has been removed and my awesome wooden hood prop has been replaced with new hood struts. Thanks for those, Derek!

I'm looking to get some body work done and have it painted but that is on hold until Derek and I get our house with a garage to put this beauty in.

I don't have many pictures of it just yet but as I'm getting it prepared for the Michigan Meet-Up on June 13, I will update with more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140330_202240746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1302990

Name:	IMG_20140330_202255687.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1302991

Name:	IMG_20140330_202402107.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1302992

Name:	IMAG0729.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1302993

Thanks for checking it out!
    Ashley
    Last edited by AshleyTheGreat; 05-16-2015, 04:12 PM.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car

I'm glad my sickness has taken hold of you too! One day we'll have the body & paint work done, the day we get a garage large enough to accommodate all of our four wheeled children haha!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

We just need to hold off on getting more four wheeled children. We're still in our twenties and we're up to 6!
      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Well, it's not like they make contraceptives for this sort of thing...

Comment

I mean, aren't you just rooms apart?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

We live in the same shoebox.

Comment

Nice car! The townies always look very sophisticated.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Love that improvised hood strut, haha. I see those all the time on stuff at my favorite wreckers' yard. Much more confidence-inspiring to have actual struts holding the hood up when you're swinging wrenches, definitely was a good idea to replace the broken struts. That dark blue '89 is SUPER clean from what I can see, right down the wire wheels. You've even got all four center caps! I also can't believe how well that vinyl roof has held up. You'd think after 25 years, you'd see at least a little bit of fade, and a few cracks. But it's mint. Interior is likely mint too.

6 cars?! (Or should I say four wheeled children? Haha.) I thought it was only 4: '69 Fury two door, '87 Firebird, '88 Town Car, '89 Town Car. Somoene must've picked up more projects in the interim....
                Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 05-16-2015, 06:20 PM. Reason: Added some context.
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Lovely car.
                  Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                  Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                    Love that improvised hood strut, haha. I see those all the time on stuff at my favorite wreckers' yard. Much more confidence-inspiring to have actual struts holding the hood up when you're swinging wrenches, definitely was a good idea to replace the broken struts. That dark blue '89 is SUPER clean from what I can see, right down the wire wheels. You've even got all four center caps! I also can't believe how well that vinyl roof has held up. You'd think after 25 years, you'd see at least a little bit of fade, and a few cracks. But it's mint. Interior is likely mint too.

6 cars?! (Or should I say four wheeled children? Haha.) I thought it was only 4: '69 Fury two door, '87 Firebird, '88 Town Car, '89 Town Car. Somoene must've picked up more projects in the interim....
                    The hood struts also definitely help when I check the oil and coolant on fill-ups. Nothing like having to wrench that wooden prop out and crane under it because of limited clearance. It did help me move quicker though as to make sure that prop didn't give out and get me busted on the head. Lol.

It is rather clean which I absolutely love and was actually surprised about when I picked it up, the frame is pretty damn clean as well! The only major thing that was wrong with it was the trans needing to be rebuilt. But for $1,000 with a body that clean, how could you pass that up? Interior is pretty damn solid, typical wear on the front leather seats but impeccable besides that. I've been looking to trade those out for some velour seats but we haven't had much luck in finding them for sale or on our junkyard excursions.

Lol. We have a problem when it comes to staying off Craigslist.
                    I've had a 1990 Ford F-150 truck since 2013. We picked it up specifically so I could learn how to drive a stick and I got attached to it. We've kept that as a back-up during the winter in case one of our daily drivers happens to be in the shop, as well as for our junkyard runs. We picked up a clean GMC Sierra 3500 with a 7.4 liter 4 speed on Friday to replace the F-150 as the rust on that has spread like cancer. Seeing the road through the floor as you drive isn't exactly great, especially for loose wallets and keys. Right Derek? Lol. It's a damn shame too because it's got the 4.9 liter straight six set-up in it. We were trying to find one of those and even made a trip down to Virginia to look at one but they just go so quick or have as much rust as mine.
                    1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                      Lovely car.
                      Thank you!
                      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

I hope that you'll keep this beauty for years to come!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

She's absolutely gorgeous, take good care of that gem.

Comment

The car too!
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

^^^ What 'tater said.

Comment

Working...
                              X