• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! The car too!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Tail-Light Panel Swap

This past weekend, Derek, Vic and I went junkyard crawling and I was able to score a tail-light panel off an '87 as mine had a nasty crack in it. I dig the older style with the reverse lights in the center and that happened to be the style that we found. In addition to the low pressure switch swap, this was tackled yesterday. One thing that about getting your vehicle Krowned to prevent rust is that it makes it a mess to do anything underneath the car, especially in tight spots. But as Derek pointed out yesterday, I'd rather work on an oily car over a rusty one any day of the week.
      Here are the pics!

Before:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150613_174809010.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1277951

During the Swap:

Name:	IMG_20150712_133503457_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1277952

Name:	IMG_20150712_134613084_HDR.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1277953

Name:	IMG_20150712_133528042.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1277954

After:

Name:	IMG_20150712_173950836_HDR.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1277955
      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

That looks great - nice work!!
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Comment

Looks good!
              I had a good time tagging along, as long as I'm not busy I'll tag along again.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Cool, we had fun. Might seriously think about getting a cooler for the next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Cool, we had fun. Might seriously think about getting a cooler for the next trip.
                  I was thinking the same thing.

Meanwhile in Texas, Sly be like "you're complaining about temps in the 80s?!"
                  Yes... yes I am. It was a bit humid, no breeze, and the sun was unhindered in beating down on us.
                  And I'm a northern boy, 80 is about my limit. I actually made quite a few JY runs this past winter, snow and all.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

You know it's too hot when you take your gloves off and sweat is dripping out of them.
                    Winter junkyard runs are the best, no chance of overheating at all.
                    1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyTheGreat View Post
                      You know it's too hot when you take your gloves off and sweat is dripping out of them.
                      Winter junkyard runs are the best, no chance of overheating at all.
                      try taking your gloves off as they are ballooned with sweat and having the sweat POUR out of them. Yeah... Texas.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Planning on keeping the '89 taillight panel?

I ask because there's an '87 Town Car that I'm going to buy next year- its rear taillight panel is bashed up badly in the middle. Your '89 taillight panel (can't see the cracks in any of the pictures) is just what the doctor ordered; it passes the all-important "looks good from a distance" test. I like the '88+ panels more than the '87- panels anyhow. Will be in the area in either late July or early August because of business with VicCrownVic as well as 2006_P71 from CVN. How does $20 sound?
                        Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 07-13-2015, 01:28 PM. Reason: Added some context.
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          try taking your gloves off as they are ballooned with sweat and having the sweat POUR out of them. Yeah... Texas.
                          Lol agh, that's gross. Yeah, we polar bears prefer our winter runs and due to driver stupidity, the yards usually have surplus during those times haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                            Planning on keeping the '89 taillight panel?

I ask because there's an '87 Town Car that I'm going to buy next year- its rear taillight panel is bashed up badly in the middle. Your '89 taillight panel (can't see the cracks in any of the pictures) is just what the doctor ordered; it passes the all-important "looks good from a distance" test. I like the '88+ panels more than the '87- panels anyhow. Will be in the area in either late July or early August because of business with VicCrownVic as well as 2006_P71 from CVN. How does $20 sound?
                            See Ashley? Had you not destroyed your old tailpanel in the process of getting a stud out you'd be able to make money off of it! :P

The end has a chip in it now and scratches a-plenty from her eldestructo handiwork, you probably wont want it now haha.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              See Ashley? Had you not destroyed your old tailpanel in the process of getting a stud out you'd be able to make money off of it! :P

The end has a chip in it now and scratches a-plenty from her eldestructo handiwork, you probably wont want it now haha.
                              It's not like I did it on purpose.
                              1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

...you were hitting it with a hammer...

Comment

Working...
                                X