X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    ^^^ What 'tater said.
    You "silver tonged devils"....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

She's absolutely gorgeous, take good care of that gem.
      Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
      The car too!
      ^^^ What 'tater said.
      Haha, you guys are a riot.
      Derek, I'd listen to Knucklehead though, he's a man of wisdom!

I love the car and am glad that it's in great condition. I will definitely have this beauty for years to come.
      Last edited by AshleyTheGreat; 05-18-2015, 03:01 PM.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
        Love that improvised hood strut, haha. I see those all the time on stuff at my favorite wreckers' yard. Much more confidence-inspiring to have actual struts holding the hood up when you're swinging wrenches, definitely was a good idea to replace the broken struts. That dark blue '89 is SUPER clean from what I can see, right down the wire wheels. You've even got all four center caps! I also can't believe how well that vinyl roof has held up. You'd think after 25 years, you'd see at least a little bit of fade, and a few cracks. But it's mint. Interior is likely mint too.

6 cars?! (Or should I say four wheeled children? Haha.) I thought it was only 4: '69 Fury two door, '87 Firebird, '88 Town Car, '89 Town Car. Somoene must've picked up more projects in the interim....
        Let's see here now... We've got the Fury, Fireturd, '88 Townie, '89 Townie, '90 F-150 and now we've got that big ole GMC. F-150 is for sale Would make a great car for a back up, moving stuff around like firewood on your property or even the trash. Ash hates to see it go and so do I.

She's absolutely gorgeous, take good care of that gem.
        Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
        The car too!
        ^^^ What 'tater said.
        Hilarious!

Ash is a keeper, I make sure to follow the owners manual and take her in for regular service so she stays tip top haha.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Lol nice one Derek, you're lucky to have found one with the manual. My '90 LTD did, but not my other half. Still trying to figure out some of the tune-up issues with that one....

Comment

Welcome Ashley from one Panther owner to another you have a real pretty car, I would not drive it during winter as you have to deal with snow and rock salt it will destroy a pretty car in no time so get a winter driver and store the car. As for me I live in the desert so no snow to deal with. You can get new hood struts at any car part house. I was able to purchase the dealers repair manual for my car along with the owners manual from EBay also known as "flebay" so good luck and keep that car looking good.

Comment

Lol nice one Derek, you're lucky to have found one with the manual. My '90 LTD did, but not my other half. Still trying to figure out some of the tune-up issues with that one....
              Best of luck my friend, best of luck... When in doubt, just run 'em until they break! LoL...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
                Welcome Ashley from one Panther owner to another you have a real pretty car, I would not drive it during winter as you have to deal with snow and rock salt it will destroy a pretty car in no time so get a winter driver and store the car. As for me I live in the desert so no snow to deal with. You can get new hood struts at any car part house. I was able to purchase the dealers repair manual for my car along with the owners manual from EBay also known as "flebay" so good luck and keep that car looking good.
                Thanks! She is definitely a beauty.
                We have a bummy truck that we'll drive throughout the winter. Working on getting a house with a garage big enough to store them all in. We're looking to get away from the snow and salt and move to the southwest. Can't come soon enough!
                1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

If you are a supporter of the 2nd Admendment Nevada is a good State to move to but if you have kids avoid the Clark County the schools suck as they are dead last in standards. The advantage to Nevada is no snow in the desert and no state income tax and houses are cheap in Clark County. sorry if this got off track but you can get a house to store your car as the sun will trash your paint.

Comment

Agree with Rodentkiller, don't go too south or west, lol, or you end up here in the land of the free escalade as long as you refuse to work for a living. Try once though and you're screwed forever. Seriously, this place blows. Most of the states around California have various benefits, but it all depends on what's important to you and what kind of weather you're looking for. I don't want to live in the arctic, but it's just too goddamned hot for me here anymore, so I'm looking north-ish. Who knows. Hooray for panthers!

Comment

Nevada sounds appealing as it's dry but yeah, the sun will scortch paint and roach interiors. That's still much better than rust. Anywhere outside the salt dump belt is good for us and as long as we can get jobs we'll do it. The real problem would be moving the cars. Firebird is permanant and we've got too much into our DD's to just sell them. We'd never get back what we've got into them so it's probably best to make several trips or hire a hauler to transport them. Only rusty car we have is F-150 and that's for sale.

Comment

I've always like the southwest. My older brother lived in Albuquerque for a while, it's a nice city and the mexican food is awesome. Same goes with Texas, my dad and his side of the family are from Texas and I'd love to live there, specifically Austin since that's where my sons would go to school. San Antonio is great too.

I'd miss KC since I've lived here all my life but whenever we get snow it makes me want to move, the cold in general sucks for working on cars. I'd rather have heat than -20 and wind.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

New Mex sounds good to me. -20 eh? That's pretty damn cold. Generally I like the cold, 10 degrees or better isn't so bad its the salt that kills me though.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            I've always like the southwest. My older brother lived in Albuquerque for a while, it's a nice city and the mexican food is awesome. Same goes with Texas, my dad and his side of the family are from Texas and I'd love to live there, specifically Austin since that's where my sons would go to school. San Antonio is great too.

I'd miss KC since I've lived here all my life but whenever we get snow it makes me want to move, the cold in general sucks for working on cars. I'd rather have heat than -20 and wind.
                            Albuquerque is beautiful and the mexican food is delicious, the best I've had yet.
                            1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

I sense a road trip in our future...

Comment

More Pics of my Townie!

This past Saturday, myself and five other GMN members met up here in the mitten state to show off our rides. Good times and many laughs were had. The meetup also allowed me to take some long overdue current pics of the car as it sits today..
                                Grand1, watch your velour seats man!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150613_175858042_HDR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1277810 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150613_173703329.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1277811

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150613_173751111_HDR.jpg