• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was being difficult.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

when in doubt... use a bigger hammer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

@DerekTheGreat: Nah, not if it's got chunks missing.... that's no better than the '87 Town Car's taillight panel. Haha. It's alright, I'll just grab a piece off a junked Townie around here when the time comes.
        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Looks good. I've never been a fan of the '89 rear panel with those weird stripes. I like the older style, but I really think those big reflectors should light up.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            ...you were hitting it with a hammer...
            Originally posted by AshleyTheGreat View Post
            It was being difficult.

Don't be difficult Derek.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Ah leave him alone, Dave. Maybe he ENJOYS sleeping on the couch??? LOL

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The couch is very comfy and there's a TV!
                LoL, I'm only teasing her, we were just going to throw it away as it was already damaged.

If that tailpanel lit up that would be pretty cool..

@Hrocks: Well we do have the wiring harness you'll need if you want to convert it to the later style panel.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Or else he'll be the one getting hit with the hammer..
                  1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    The couch is very comfy and there's a TV!
                    LoL, I'm only teasing her, we were just going to throw it away as it was already damaged.

If that tailpanel lit up that would be pretty cool..

@Hrocks: Well we do have the wiring harness you'll need if you want to convert it to the later style panel.
                    The couch is comfy. If anyone were to be sleeping there, it would be me.
                    1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Fan Clutch & Chime Box Swap

We finally got around last weekend to attempt to change the chime box that Vic gave me at the meetup only to find out it was the wrong one. We hit up the junkyard today and found a couple to test out. Hooked those up and work like new, now we have one to spare. I'm glad that that's operable again..
                      Next on the list was the fan clutch. With MI temps getting hotter, my car decided to follow suit. Construction on my main thoroughfare home and every main street thereafter didn't help either. Most days, my temp gauge would be creeping up to the 'N', dangerously close to overheating. After spending weeks trying to find a Motorcraft fan clutch, we settled with something we could actually get our hands on. Messy and frustrating at times, Derek and I were able to get it swapped out this afternoon. Him being the cleaner of the two after the swap, he took it for a spin and reported back. All seems well for now but time will tell next week. Can't wait to see how it operates.

Here's some pics!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150801_151758359_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1278076

Name:	IMG_20150801_151824623.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1278077

Name:	IMG_20150801_152754565.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1278078

Name:	IMG_20150801_152818969_HDR.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1278079
                      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Yeah, right at pic four I said fuck it, let's drink beer lol. Once lubricated the process went much faster, forgot to take pic of it all buttoned back up. Was a bit worried after the install because this one spun for about 4 seconds after we shut the engine off, which was the same as the one we took off. It never overheated on the test drive and the A/C was much cooler at lights and in traffic so I'm anxious to swap mine out now. Can't find Motorcraft belts to save my life though, don't want this made in Mexico crap!

Comment

I figured the chime module would have been the same. If you had a digidash I wouldn't be surprised, but double checking earlier pics in this thread it looks like you have an analog cluster. Since I know so little about Town Cars they always seem to be full of surprises.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Lincoln electrical is a cluster to say the least. ALWAYS something.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, I figured the chime modules would be the same but Lincolns (at least 88 n up) have a Nintendo style blade connector whereas everything else has the prongs. Looked at the Ford books we scored from Kyle and sure enough, it points out the differences. Would still be cool if one of ours was a digidash car. I really want my CEL to work so I raided an 1989 but couldn't find a 1988 to monkey with. Cars appear to be wired the same way as I had my warning light pod out once and saw that there is indeed a CEL spot like Ash's. Wonder what's missing from the equation though.

Comment

Welp, some three years later and away she goes.. To LTDMan83. Posting for Ashley since she has more of a life than I do and hardly posts at all!

Name:	20170316_163124.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1281496Click image for larger version

Name:	20170316_163236.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1281497Click image for larger version

Name:	20170316_163359.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1281498

I'll miss that.. Truth be told when she bought it, it replaced her old Crapurn [Saturn] and at the time I still had my Colorado. I drove it home and smiled the whole way. Something happened during that ride too, shortly after the Colorado went and sold itself, a 1985 LTD mysteriously showed up...

Name:	IMAG0733.jpg
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1281499Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0734.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1281500
                                That was later replaced by a 1988 Town Car...

Comment

Working...
                                X