No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2Dr "Mercules”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good! The only thing holding me back from putting the 302 in my Vic is getting the gt40p heads rebuilt.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Can’t wait for you get it going again!

I also have the stock 351W out of Justin’s Town Coupe that I am getting, and will build for it.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

So, in order to fire my ignition I gutted a chinese replacement Duraspark III box. I wired in a 4 pin GM HEI module, and it works great! Also, I am using a low pressure in-tank pump that is spec’d for a 500 inch Cadillac. So far, it also works great!

Eventually I want to rebuild this Edelbrock as well. I got about 10 bucks in it (thank you, Facebook marketplace!) and my front suspension is in need of a rebuild in the worst way.

Comment

Here’s the module.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thats a cool trick. I like it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I kept that car craft article out for that very reason lol. The GM HEIs are actually pretty good. I'd rather do it that way because I can't stand to see those ford distributors that look like a GM. I have a spare duraspark under the seat of my truck cause the durasparks go without warning.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Now that's a cool trick there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

sneaky.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It was super simple to wire up, and I reused all of my Duraspark III wiring to do it!

When the moment of truth came to fire it up with the new setup, it was actually the fuel pump circuit givng me fits! Again, I mostly used stock wiring. I had to make a couple changes but the 500 cubic inch Cadillac in-tank lump provides plenty of fuel!

Comment

Congratulations! My older brother's first car was an '83 GM Tudor, with an 8-track. I remember using an 8-track to tape adapter that had a tray that stuck out from the 8-track slot, and we used my Christmas present Craig portable CD player with tape adapter kit to the tray (and cig lighter power point)

I call this light/yellow tan color "Tub Butter Yellow" because it looks kinda like the same color as Margarine or Country Crock spread.
                      Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM.
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

It really is butter. The front suspension makes it ride like butter, if butter had landmines as the main ingredient.

Comment

Update!

Thanks to Justin (phayzer5) I now have a ‘78 460 sitting on a stand in the garage.

Here’s to the slow build!

Comment

Finally made it to AL! Also in thanks to...wait for it...

phayzer5 lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait to see where this goes with the 460...what transmission are you putting behind it?
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I’ll be keeping the TKO.

I have the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, and soacer already!

Comment

Working...
                                X