No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2Dr "Mercules”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I am on the hunt for some 03+ rear calipers/brackets. The virus has prevented me from getting out at to the yard in B’ham. When I went to the yard in Montgomery, every 03+ car was missing the rear axle. The trip wasn’t a bust though, I scored a set of upper front control arms from a ‘92! Plus the BOSS Brent (visionmercury) sent me a set of spindles. That’s why you’re the BOSS, thanks brother!

I am really looking forward to getting this rear rebuilt, the brakes on, and installed!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Also, here’s a shot as to how she currently sits. Still a blast to drive! The 235/50R18 fills up the wheelwell nicely!!
      Attached Files

Comment

I hadnt seen this thread in a long time. I really like your car.
        This shows how much fun you can have with one of these, great hobby cars!
        1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
        1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Comment

I got a bunch of parts sitting around for this. Expect some things to happen in 2021. Namely, axle and suspension.

In order to get absolutely insane with power levels, you had better make sure the car itself is ready first! Otherwise, have just been driving it on occasion. I did change out the break-in fluid from the TKO with some Pennzoil Synchromesh fluid and check the driveline angles.

Comment

Nice! What kind of suspension parts are you putting into it? Any details on the 460 build? I assume you’re looking for 500+Hp?
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
              X