No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2Dr "Mercules”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EEC-III CFI sucks. Just sayin'. This one's a temperamental bitch!

Whenever I get back to the yard I am going to pull the stuff to convert to EFI.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Get on with it. CFI is teh sux, especially that version of it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did a tuneup today:
        Plugs
        Wires
        Air/fuel filter (screw on type fuel filter, really weird)
        Cap/rotor
        MSD Blaster 2 coil I had laying around

Still idles like shit. Runs great though, moved around the block a couple times pretty well. Getting some semblance of an exhaust next week, when the parts come in!

Comment

Change all of the vacuum lines. If that doesn't fix it, put a timing chain in it. If that doesn't fix it, put a real EFI system and engine in it.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Eventually I am gonna skip right to the third one.

Comment

Adjusted the clutch a little, and included some photos of what my slave cylinder setup looks like. Added a locking nut and return spring/bracket that I made from some stuff I had laying around. Went for a cruise, 75 mph cruises good! 80 mph does pretty god too up on I-20!Also, it's got a cam...just not a performance piece! Good ol' EEC-III shit idle!

Attached Files

Comment

Put some mufflers on that pig.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Do the CFI EEC III cars really idle that bad? Back when I owned my 85, that thing would idle smooth as butter. It had no balls but damn it idled so nice, way better then any SEFI car I've owned.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Hey mang, you lost your carpet. If I see anyone carrying one away from your last known location I'll holla.

Car looks and sounds great Tom! I'm glad you've had some time to tool around with the old girl. She looks like she's really coming together!
                    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                      Hey mang, you lost your carpet. If I see anyone carrying one away from your last known location I'll holla.

Car looks and sounds great Tom! I'm glad you've had some time to tool around with the old girl. She looks like she's really coming together!
                      It's okay, it looked like someone butchered a cat on the previous one.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That sounds mean. Daddy likey
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

At least you've got the priorities in the right order: three pedals then tune up. I need to be more like that.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Lovin the speedometer you have.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              Do the CFI EEC III cars really idle that bad? Back when I owned my 85, that thing would idle smooth as butter. It had no balls but damn it idled so nice, way better then any SEFI car I've owned.
                              It shouldn't run that bad. Idle quality wise, the other two running EEC-III cars I've heard ran as well as any other CFI car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                                Put some mufflers on that pig.
                                My midpipes arrived tonight. Waiting on some other parts, and I will have them on.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                                It shouldn't, but does. I suspect a bad TPS. Ah well.

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                                It's okay, it looked like someone butchered a cat on the previous one.
                                No, it didn't. It was musty and nasty though.

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                                That sounds mean. Daddy likey
                                Thanks. All bark and no bite. Kinda obnoxious at times, actually.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                                At least you've got the priorities in the right order: three pedals then tune up. I need to be more like that.
                                I did the tuneup to chase stupid drivability issues. It seemed to have cured a couple.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Lovin the speedometer you have.
                                Me too. Fits the build!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                It shouldn't run that bad. Idle quality wise, the other two running EEC-III cars I've heard ran as well as any other CFI car.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X