Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's a wanker too then.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If I don't bring my car, then I won't be going.

It's more of If I'm going or not.

Douche Conoe.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Take a break from snapchatting dick pics to other dudes and get that shit going.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

why? He can probably work one handed. Those young guys are better at multitasking.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Raising this one from the dead!

So upon further inspection, it is actually a tailshaft gasket leak. I haven't had much time to work on it in awhile, but today I investigated the furthest. I ended up grabbing a tailshaft gasket, trans mount, and a few quarts of ATF. It was pissing fluid as quick as you could dump it in. Amazing.

Disassembly has started, and I realized a bolt was missing from the tailshaft, one bolt was clearly replaced with a regular bolt, and one was loose. Lame. The front U joint is super smoked too! My guess is that the U joint being bad caused this. May go for a new bushing and seal in the tailshaft since I have it apart.

Comment

check the yoke surface too, someone had chucked mine in a vise at one point and it just shredded seals until Scott actually looked at it and realized why it was dicked. I had changed that seal several times without actually looking at it.

Comment

It looks in decent shape. Shockingly, there is no slop in the bushing either.

Comment

Good, those can be a bitch to replace. Also you're not the first AOD that I've heard of with loose tailshaft housing... Where did you get the gasket for it? Someone (don't remember who anymore) asked me about it a while back and IIRC the big chain parts stores didn't have it at the time.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

can probably get it at bulkpart. They have a lot of the trans parts that aren't easy to get at other places.

Comment

O'reilly had it for me in 24 hrs or less. Love those guys.

Comment

Added to my slowly growing parts gathering pile...
                        Attached Files

Comment

perfect, now I know where to send that subscription to crack whore magazine that I got you for Christmas. Cartman's mom is on the cover.

Comment

As long as you don't send me any Neil Young records..

Comment

nah... CDs

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The magazine subscription does come with memberships to the Culture Club and Niel Young fan clubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X