Texas panthers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas panthers?

I think Sly and I are the only Texas guys here. Last time we almost had a meetup, my family was tired from the GMGT saga part 1 and we ended up not driving over to the DFW area.

Prove us wrong. Where's the Texas guys?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

3 Texas Panthers . GT I picked up my MGM from Haskell. That's where I grew up. I have alot of fond memories of Abilene.
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

I'm in DFW and anther guy is out near Longview. I know I'm down for a "local" GMN meet. No clue where we would meet though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm in Austin area.
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

I hope you guys have good a/c in your daily drivers. I remember very little from mychildhood visit to Tomball, Texas except lizards, heat, and my sociopathic baby cousin urinating in unexpected and inappropriate places. Mostly the heat.
          Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
          Bone stock... for now.

Comment

lithdoc recently moved to TX (like a month or two ago).
            I'll have to ask him again where he moved to, I think Austin but I'm not sure.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The beater has good AC but poor airflow (#BoxLyfe). It will freeze your feet while it keeps you cool. The other 2 have great AC. Just have to give them 10-20 minutes to cool down the car when it's been sitting outside for a few hours in the summer sun.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Oh hey, action!

We need to get the Texas panther meet going, sometime. Adam suggested Possum Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  lithdoc recently moved to TX (like a month or two ago).
                  I'll have to ask him again where he moved to, I think Austin but I'm not sure.
                  I was wrong, he is in Dallas.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Nice!

Even closer!

Comment

He's not on here much, but does post from time to time. His work schedule is pretty crazy and he tends to be out of the country often.
                      Finding time in his schedule to meet up can be a challenge but he's cool guy and always has plenty of good questions as he tries to learn more about his cars or just needs some help with them.

He's also looking for a 2-door box, so if you know of any in the area I know he wouldn't mind if you send him the info. I used to send him CL ads all the time up here but none of them worked out. Since he's not on here often it takes a while before he responds to PMs, but he does eventually.
                      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 07-15-2016, 02:27 PM.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Here's a diamond in the rough!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5668672325.html

Comment

woo... looks like it really only needs that passenger tail light and a bath.

Comment

Thinking about this place for a venue. It's camp only, but it'd be nice:

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/...es/palo_pinto/

Adam also has quite a cruise he thought up, and dinner at a legendary Texas eatery:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...-break-7020578
                            Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 07-23-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

As long as the weather is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X