X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 F-150 - I6 5-Speed - Best Offer

Here's the listing on craigslist:
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5055945578.html

Truck looks rough (we call it character) but has never left us stranded and believe it or not, it has been the most reliable car in our fleet. Selling because we bought a GMC C3500. (GMC is currently in the shop for dead fuel pump haha) Floor pans are still solid but the rocker panel on the drivers side is gone.

Over the past two years we've done the following to it (We have a folder with all of the receipts):
    New front gas tank
    Coolant flush
    Changed rear diff oil
    Changed trans fluid
    New brake lines
    New rear brakes (hardware, pads and wheel cylinders)
    New tires (They don't leak) Alignment done at the same time so it drives straight.
    New starter solenoid
    Instrument cluster & interior trim swapped out for Bronco unit with tach, red engine light & trip odometer (original odometer was also swapped to preserve actual mileage) All lights inside cluster & interior lights also replaced at that time along with XLT Lariat trim pieces (wood grain stuff).
    Oil changed every 8 months or so with Valvoline 5W30 Synpower & FL-1A Motorcraft filter, still nice & golden in color.
    New heater core

Previous owner did:
    Plugs, wires, cap & TFI module.
    New fuel injectors
    New radiator
    New thermostat
    New alternator
    Rebuilt front end (Belle Tire found a bit of play in two of the ball joints, I forget what the paper works says but the tires are wearing evenly & it drives straight.)
    New oil pan.
    Rebuilt transmission

Things that could be fixed but don't need to be & things we noticed over the years:
    Oil leak (Probably from valve cover, can smell oil from inside the cab when stopped and engine is fully warmed up.)
    Fix heater blend door (Doesn't go to full hot unless moved manually from behind the glovebox, we just set it to full hot & leave it.)
    Driver's door doesn't lock
    Rear gas tank leaks (We used both tanks up until about four months ago when the rear started leaking, gauge worked & so did the fuel pump.)
    Area around the floor mounted high beam switch has rotted away so the brights don't work.
    Best to use the wipers in delay only, as anything else causes the wiper motor to get hot & it will stop until it cools down.

That's it. We drive this thing everywhere without worry, fires right up even when it's -10 or colder. Despite the rust it's a great spare vehicle and we'd hate to see it go to scrap. Please message me or AshleyTheGreat for more information or a test drive.

Thanks for reading!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Holy shit that thing is BEAT.
    But looks like it'd be a great truck to use as a beater! I've seen many of these trucks run for much much longer than some V8 trucks.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 06-09-2015, 08:55 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

+1 that straight 6 will out live the truck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Haha yeah PO decided to spray that black stuff on it and while it looks rough I'd trust it over the other ones for sale in our region for $2,500 or less, all of those seem to need parts right away or the interiors are trashed, lights busted out. They're just as rusty, only they have shinier paint. If we had the space we'd keep it for the drivetrain but truth be told, looks like it's going to scrap as no one has showed any interest in it.

Comment

I don't know what offers you have gotten, but I offer a hug and pictures whenever I get it home.

Comment

LoL well as a friend once told me, "Anything that runs and drives is worth at least $500." The tires alone cost us about that much and theres maybe 8k miles on 'em. To be honest we're looking to get $800 out of it and I didn't think we'd have trouble selling it so that's why we went and bought the GMC. Been on the market for a month now and looking back it would've probably been much smarter to drive until it got rear ended or something and we HAD to scrap it. Everything else in this price range has that "owned by a teenager" look with odd wiring everywhere, home depot PVC pipes for intake tubes, saggy headliners, noisy power steering pump, ultra sloppy shifter, busted interior trim/glass or "transmission slips."
            This is probably a better buy (50 dollars says this sells before ours):
            http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/5066110293.html

Comment

If you weren't so far away, I'd buy it. I can find shells around here any day of the week and swap all the good stuff over. and then sell it forward for probably $2000 or more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Ashley and I were hoping to find a clean bodied F-150/250 and then swap the drive train over to it but it didn't pan out. Gotta say, ergonimically the Ford is more pleasant than the GMC, which requires you to bend a lot to get the windows down and the arm rest is all the way over in Timbuktu so you gotta sit funny on long drives. Cluster sucks too, gotta put the radio in the center of the dash but we lucked out on a JY raid as those things are EVERYWHERE. We got a Pioneer deck with a line in input, center & radio delete trim piece for like $40. I'm miffed that swapping a factory style cluster with a tach isn't plug & play like it was with the Ford.

Comment

Well had to offer, you never know what someone is willing to take

Comment

"Cash dollars money green bes car you like it love it long time"

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      "Cash dollars money green bes car you like it love it long time"
                      You bring many dollar... dis truck make you hollar.

Comment

LoL, or a whole lot of "french fried taters or biskets & musturd.."

Comment

Offer sent.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            LoL, or a whole lot of "french fried taters or biskets & musturd.."
                            Mmm. Taters.
                            1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Those tachometer gauge clusters are difficult to find. Most are tachless

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                              1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Working...
                              X