Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 CV head gasket oil leak

Forgive the rambling. I'm dead tired.

A couple of years ago, IIRC, I read something about Ford having issues with oil leaking from the rear of the passenger side head gasket on 4.6L's for a few production years. My mom's '98 CV has had the oil leak in that spot for a few years now. Gets worse in the winter. In the summer, I burns down on the manifold and gets sucked into the cab when you run the A/C. Not to mention, the oil mess under the car.

Local shop (one that I trust) quoted $3,300 to replace the head gaskets. They said that they also send the heads to a machine shop to make sure they are in good shape. Figured I'd see what you guys thought of this deal and if I was correct on the Ford 4.6L issue. My mom LOVES this car and is willing to get it fixed. Only a 105,--- miles on it.

You could probably get a $2500 crate motor and get it installed for less than that!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Found this info ... http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/fullt...p?tsb=01-21-10

Comment

PI Swap time. :-p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X