Question About Inner Door Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Inner Door Panels

Eventually, I wish to replace the original '95 GM inner door panels (front driver's and passenger) with ones I got from EBAY that came from a late '90's or 2000 GM. I took a quick peek at the lens where the door panel light goes and there is no opening, in the rear of the panel to put the socket/bulb through. There is also no provision to remove the lens (that I can see, anyway). I can always drill a hole to put them through but are these features just there for "good looks"? Maybe the door panel lights were an option and not every panel accommodates them?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

I think they are just reflectors. They will warn cars going around you that the door is open. I don't think my 2004 LTC were powered either.
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

whales went reflectors. Aeros were the last with lights I think.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks guys! It certainly appear you are both correct. I could "red-neck" the sockets in but then if a bulb fails I'd have to remove the entire panel to replace it. NOT worth the effort! Probably simply eliminate the issue, if and when I can get to it.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

gotta remove the entire panel to replace the bulb on the Aeros too... hence why they're LED on mine now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X