Picture of FACTORY NO AC Box Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of FACTORY NO AC Box Panther

Since this would fall under HVAC I'll post it here.
    I believe 79lincolnlover posted this (http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/l...ationFlag=true) on the Book of Faces where I found it, but I noticed that it is a FACTORY NO AC car.

It looks exactly like the picture of one that I saw a couple of years ago but I never downloaded a picture of that one because at the time I didn't realize it was a rare option.
    Now that the fine mangs of GMN have educated me on its rarity I saved a pic to my HDD and have it uploaded here since the kijiji ad won't be there forever (neither will my upload but it should last longer than the ad).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FACTORY_NO_AC.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1303035
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

I think AC was standard after 87 or 88, optional prior to. Maybe it was made that way because it was such a common option prior to that so Ford made it standard equipment? I believe it was made standard same year as tinted glass. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Look how much cleaner the bay is... Looks somewhat goofy because the firewall still has the area where the evaporator would go.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'm not positive but I though I had read that '85 was the last year you get get a panther without A/C, when they went to SEFI they took the A/C delete option away. But I could be wrong.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

They have definately owned it a while judging by the liscense plate. Even Historic tags have not been 3 & 3 for years.

If I had space...

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
            I'm not positive but I though I had read that '85 was the last year you get get a panther without A/C, when they went to SEFI they took the A/C delete option away. But I could be wrong.
            I bought a brochure for my '85 LTD when I got it and it did indeed list A/C as an option, although I've never seen a car without it.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              I bought a brochure for my '85 LTD when I got it and it did indeed list A/C as an option, although I've never seen a car without it.
              I thought and I could be wrong again but I thought you had to order it deleted, why you would do such a thing I do not know.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

if its a no AC car... why is the evaporator case there and why is blocked off?
                2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

There were pics of a true A/C delete car on here and pics included the HVAC controls. It too had a evap core box in place. But this car, looks like someone removed the A/C. You cant be sure unless you see the HVAC controls.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    There were pics of a true A/C delete car on here and pics included the HVAC controls. It too had a evap core box in place. But this car, looks like someone removed the A/C. You cant be sure unless you see the HVAC controls.
                    That's the post that I was thinking of, I'll have to see if I can find that thread but I believe all of the pics were in the linked CL ad and that was a couple years ago. The picture of the HVAC controls is how it was determined that the car in that thread must have been A/C delete from the factory. What I remember of that car looked exactly like this one, and had I not seen the picture of the HVAC controls on that one I wouldn't have believed it either. Very bizarre why they would do a factory delete like that, but apparently that is how they did it according to the guys that posted in that thread.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                      I thought and I could be wrong again but I thought you had to order it deleted, why you would do such a thing I do not know.
                      Wouldn't be me, I'm an air conditioned gypsy haha. Windows down season for me is incredibly short, like beginning of spring, end of summer type deal. I hate humidity.

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                      if its a no AC car... why is the evaporator case there and why is blocked off?
                      Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      That's whats got me wondering, I've never seen cars that had A/C provisions like that, usually they all got separate firewall stuff but like you said this car has an evap box, a quick look at the controls is in order...

Comment

I sent the guy a message, if he can supply a picture of the controls I will post it here.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          I sent the guy a message, if he can supply a picture of the controls I will post it here.
                          And here it is:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0295.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1277882

The car is in fact equipped with the factory AC Delete option. Like I said originally, under the hood it looks exactly like what I remembered the one that was posted a couple years ago looked like.

If circumstances allowed I wouldn't mind snagging this car, but since my circumstances do not allow me to own this car. Someone else could be THE ONLY MEMBER on GMN with factory AC Delete (assuming the car is as good as the pictures show and what he says it is).
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Hi everyone, VicCrownVic got ahold of me through our kijiji ad and this is my grandfathers car that we have for sale. Vic is correct, it came factory stock with no A/C and what you see is how it rolled off the assembly line. My grandfather purchased it in 1988 and has been in the family since, never driven in the winter and meticulously taken car of. Dad is just looking to move it along as he has too many vehicles as it is. If you have any interest or questions, you can e-mail me at JasonTweddle@Hotmail.com. Thank you. PS: I also have a 1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 show car and belong to the TCCOA website. Us Ford guys just rock! Thanks again.

Comment

Welcome aboard! If I could turn the clock back abot 5 months I'd be taking a very close look at this car.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                              X