Picture of FACTORY NO AC Box Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
    Welcome aboard! If I could turn the clock back abot 5 months I'd be taking a very close look at this car.

Alex.
    I guess the whale is growing on you, this looks like it would have been a nice replacement for your 89. I still find it crazy that that person backed into you on the road.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Just think Insurance Scammer. Thank god I had a witness stay put.

Its a love-hate relationship with the whale.

Drives nice. But just too damn much electronics running the show.
      Going to be a pain to convert to side terminal battery on this one. ;-)
      There are aspects of it that make it easier to work on. And others that make you curse with more venom.
      Not enough chrome. =-)
      I hate how the public treats it (the door dings. Holy fck that thing got more door dings in the month I had to park at the hospital than my box did in the 15 odd years I owned it)
      I'm already building up my spare parts stash for the whale. Conversely, I need to build up a whole new parts stash.
      200 amp alternator baby.
      The assholes on the road. I have noted two distinct types of drivers. Those who suddenly get scared when they see the crown vic in their rear view. And the 2nd type, a very odd bunch who seem to go out of their way to taunt me to pull them over (running stop signs, blowing through red lights--seen more of that driving the vomit comet around than I do all day driving my work van around).
      Passing on the highway (especially the 2-laners) is an exercise in patience now. Fall into step with the fast guy, he suddenly spooks when you pass somebody immediately after he does. (one guy actually made me laugh, been behind them for a few miles dodging slow traffic, they pass one more car, I pass, they freak out and put out the anchors... thanks buddy... so much for conserving momentum...oh, and good mirror discipline if you only noticed me now.. dumbass).
      Its already dark-car.
      Its already got rotary hvac controls.
      The rubber floor is something I like everytime it rains.

Originally posted by 88grandmarq
      if its a no AC car... why is the evaporator case there and why is blocked off?
      If you look close, it looks like the holes have never been cut out of the case.

Alex.
      Last edited by GM_Guy; 06-29-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Just think Insurance Scammer...
        That explanation would make sense.

If you look close, it looks like the holes have never been cut out of the case.

Alex.
        Just like the pictures of the last one, very bizarre but that's how Ford did it.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
        X