wheel/tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel/tire question

Hey 'All, This is probably in the wrong spot, but I've gotta brag somewhere. Just bought my First MGM; 1987, LS, white-on-white, burgundy interior, everything appears to work for $500. AND I'M HOOKED!!!! Drove a CV as a Police Officer for several years; I "likey" Big Box Cars. I likey ALOT!!!
    1st dumb question: (Many more to follow)
    Will 235x60 R16 mounted on Dayton Wire Rims 16" x 7" wide fit on my new car?

THANKS, elf!

Yes. Your speedometer will read a couple mph slow know the highway, but otherwise you should be OK.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Exactly 2mph slower reading speedo.

Alex.

Comment

It's just about the same overall diameter, it'll read .5 mph slower.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thanks Guys!!!

Comment

Daytons though? Are you sure you wanna go there? Gotta see pics either way but...are you SURE?

Comment

At least he said 16x7, a normal size. Not like the 13" ones some guys run. Actually that size will be an improvement being taller and wider than stock.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

wheel/tire question

I bought the Dayton wire wheels this morning; 16 x 7. Should have them by 6July2015. Plan to wait a couple weeks and buy some American Classic Low Profile, Whitewall tires; 235x60 16R. Spec sheet says that the new tires are the same road height as stock tires (27") but much wider.
                I hope the wheels and tires will add a touch of class to the car. I LIKE the "GrandPa's Roadcar" look:
                Exterior - clean looking;
                Interior - comfortable with all the bells and whistles;
                Mechanically - up-graded and improved.
                It has to GO, STOP AND TURN... WITH STYLE
                Last edited by elfdowney; 06-28-2015, 01:46 PM. Reason: left something out

Comment

should look tits

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by elfdowney View Post
                    I bought the Dayton wire wheels this morning; 16 x 7. Should have them by 6July2015. Plan to wait a couple weeks and buy some American Classic Low Profile, Whitewall tires; 235x60 16R. Spec sheet says that the new tires are the same road height as stock tires (27") but much wider.
                    I hope the wheels and tires will add a touch of class to the car. I LIKE the "GrandPa's Roadcar" look:
                    Exterior - clean looking;
                    Interior - comfortable with all the bells and whistles;
                    Mechanically - up-graded and improved.
                    It has to GO, STOP AND TURN... WITH STYLE
                    Sounds fresh. You've got to share some pics when you get those wheels on. You just have to!

Comment

Working...
                    X