No announcement yet.

Looks like "Catshow" is selling his '89 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a special hatred for dealers.. I once listed my Colorado for sale for far cheaper than what the dealer ended up selling it for but did I get a sale? Nope, all I got was one dude who drove it, and drove it poorly at that. Traded it in and then several days later I saw it's ad and within two weeks it was gone. After working at several used car stealerships I'll never buy a car from one and I don't know what it is but people seem to like buying cars off dealers. Perhaps its because most offer financing or some BS guarantee (Think Chris Farley from Tommy Boy..) but their ad was pretty simple. Forgot what much of it said but remember seeing this, "Like New. One owner, low miles. Locally & sensibly owned."
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh yeah, I share your hatred. My dad just got ripped off at a stealership a few days ago. Paid 4250 for a truck that was worth about 3000 in best condition, which it was not. Some dealers make people feel confident, like they're in the hands of a professional lol. And a lot of people go to dealers just out of desperation, because financing or paying with credit is the only way they can get a vehicle. I prefer private sales with cash in hand, as long as I can scrape the money together.

Comment

"I could take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I got spare time"....lol, my favorite movie

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
          Oh yeah, I share your hatred. My dad just got ripped off at a stealership a few days ago. Paid 4250 for a truck that was worth about 3000 in best condition, which it was not. Some dealers make people feel confident, like they're in the hands of a professional lol. And a lot of people go to dealers just out of desperation, because financing or paying with credit is the only way they can get a vehicle. I prefer private sales with cash in hand, as long as I can scrape the money together.
          Aye, aye. I'm not fond of financing a used vehicle as I've never bought a car that needed nothing, despite whatever who sold it to me said.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          "I could take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I got spare time"....lol, my favorite movie
          Haha one of my favorite scenes, that line in particular. "All it takes is that fairy sneaking in one time, next you know your money is missing and your daughter is knocked up."

Comment

Ha-ha, that movie needs to be watched again!
            "Fat guy in a little coat.."
            Click image for larger version

Name:	fat_guy.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1277900
            1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

funny

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Farley was great, especially with Spade. It seems as if the 90's were a great time for gutbustingly funny movies.

Comment

been a while, not surprised to see this here. sold to a good friend, just helped him with an oil change on it. said he'd give me the all terrains back in a couple of weeks when he saves up the scratch to buy some 25$ specials.

was a good car. just drove it to minneapolis and back a couple of weeks ago and had 0 issues. more than fair for a few hundred bucks. lots of miles left on it. oh, and the heater core isn't totally shot, keeps the windshield defrosted well enough, just works enough to keep the edge off those cold days if you have ~ 20min commute . . . I mean, i drove it all winter, even in january for a week when the drivers window stuck down for some reason. had to drive it from the middle seat like someone who had gone postal.

Comment

I'd be more worried about the DNA on the seats...

Comment

Working...
                    X