Looks like "Catshow" is selling his '89 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like "Catshow" is selling his '89 Town Car

You guys need to read the ad, certainly worth a laugh or two, especially the first paragraph

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5067390236.html

I haven't sold many cars online but I'm learning that less is more. Don't think I'd want to buy a car that I know has been "fucked" in and had drywall all in it and pulled trailers over and over but that's just me. I've seen worse for $750 though. Side markers are 85-88 though, so it might not be an '89.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Why doesn't he tell us what he REALLY thinks!! Pretty funny stuff and made for some entertaining reading.

P.S. In my best Bill Clinton voice, "Yes, I did drive that car but I've NEVER SEEN THAT WOMAN BEFORE (as I wag my index finger)"!!!
    Last edited by miamibob; 06-25-2015, 07:40 AM.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Haha, just don't take a black light to the upholstery...

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Right! Secure the black lights and luminol because whatever indiscretions I "may" have had are PRIVATE. Now leave me alone so I can form a foundation to hid millions or billions of dollars!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Oh my god that ad is hilarious! Heater don't work so if you're a "pussy" it'll be a problem. Hahahaha man I love craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            Oh my god that ad is hilarious! Heater don't work so if you're a "pussy" it'll be a problem. Hahahaha man I love craigslist.
            Haha yeah, that's one of the reasons I troll through it, you never know what lil nuggets you'll find. You don't really need a heater but frosty windows aren't cool.

Comment

No A/C down here? That "sale" is "dead meat"!!!

Comment

When ash and I troll the Nevada CL and others its amazing how many "stripper" model cars there are with one option: A/C. Around here its harder to find old stuff with A/C or power windows. I wonder why people didn't opt for power windows or even rear defrost back then. I've seen buy sheets, those options weren't all that expensive.

Comment

Still have the dealer window sheet from my '87 GM so I can see what's up, if need be.

Comment

Of course I'd like to see that stuff!

Comment

Quite possibly among the most honest car ads I've seen in a while. No bullshit about what it is or what shape its in, and the price is fair for a car that seems to be in reasonable working shape.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Or the headliner

Comment

Haha yeah, that's one of the reasons I troll through it, you never know what lil nuggets you'll find. You don't really need a heater but frosty windows aren't cool.
                          True story man, my heater core shit out a couple weeks ago and even here in stupid sunny southern commiefornia my goddamn windshield is fogged up a lot of mornings. I may end up doing a heater core yet. Otherwise who gives a shit? It's usually upwards of 75 and sunny. Anybody seen L.A. story with Steve Martin? Classic LA satire, and mostly true. I hate this place...

Back to topic, I will start posting funny CL ads, as I stumble across them all the time. This one is certainly a gem though. Always wanted to be sure I could fuck in a car before I buy it...

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Quite possibly among the most honest car ads I've seen in a while. No bullshit about what it is or what shape its in, and the price is fair for a car that seems to be in reasonable working shape.
                            I agree, but the few "case studies" I did where I was completely honest netted me next to zero interest in what I was selling. Last case in point, that F150. Haven't changed the price but when I listed all of the repairs we did to it and listed what it needed, nothing. I changed it to essentially one sentence: "1990 F150. Runs and drives great with 170k miles. Call Derek for details." and boom, got the phone going off on a regular basis about it. Same thing with the LTD I sold. I've asked around (especially the car clueless people) and when they see repairs they think you're trying to sell a turd and most don't like to read long descriptions as they think it spells "TURD". Bah..

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            Or the headliner
                            SPLAT! LoL Or the steering wheel, eeee.....

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                            True story man, my heater core shit out a couple weeks ago and even here in stupid sunny southern commiefornia my goddamn windshield is fogged up a lot of mornings. I may end up doing a heater core yet. Otherwise who gives a shit? It's usually upwards of 75 and sunny. Anybody seen L.A. story with Steve Martin? Classic LA satire, and mostly true. I hate this place...

Back to topic, I will start posting funny CL ads, as I stumble across them all the time. This one is certainly a gem though. Always wanted to be sure I could fuck in a car before I buy it...
                            Yep, over here in winter wonderland that shit turns to ice. I bypassed the core in my Fury and when I did drive it in below freezing temps I quickly learned that I must not talk and breathe only out of my nose and very slowly haha. You can fuck in anything, if there's a will, there's a way haha. TC's certainly give you plenty of room in the backseat area.

Comment

You'll never see a dealer advertise like that lol

Comment

Working...
                              X