1990 GMQ part out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 GMQ part out

Pics to come later this evening, but it's my 1990 GMQ. Everything is there and in good shape. Brown exterior on brown interior. PM me and let me know what you need!

Thanks.

If you have map pockets on the back of the seats I would be happy to get those. But if the seats are in good condition then you should wait to see if anyone buys them before splitting up the pieces.

Comment

Good idea. The seats are in great shape and it does have map pockets. I forgot to mention it's cloth.

I was planning on having pics up but that will have to wait another day since I broke my phone at work last night. I don't even own a camera anymore.

Comment

Does the car need to be parted out? What is wrong with it??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
          Does the car need to be parted out? What is wrong with it??
          Actually, that's a good question. If it's a florida car and it's saveable, it would be a shame to see it parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
            Actually, that's a good question. If it's a florida car and it's saveable, it would be a shame to see it parted out.
            I'm sure the OP has his reasons but I would be curious.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

i would hope she could be saved :/

in the event we cant convince you to save her im in need of the door panel handles, dashpad (if it fits the same in 79-87), dash clock and if you could price me on the tail lights please.

feel free to pm me the details if you dont want to mention them here
              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                i would hope she could be saved :/

in the event we cant convince you to save her im in need of the door panel handles, dashpad (if it fits the same in 79-87), dash clock and if you could price me on the tail lights please.

feel free to pm me the details if you dont want to mention them here
                The dash was redesigned in 1990 and will not fit 89 and older cars. The clock was part of that redesign and also will not fit 89 and down. The tail lights will fit 88-91 so I don't know if they fit 87 and down cars but I suspect the answer is no.

The handles off the door panels will fit 79-91 CV/MGM sedans though.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

tail lights will fit, though one mount hole may not line up and need to be plugged and the offending stud in the tail removed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I bought it, running, from an old man for $500 just for fun one day. Planned on tinkering around with it and selling it. When I got it home I realized there would be far too much work required and I would never get my money back. Leaks oil and power steering fluid like a sieve. Would run for a while then leave me stranded at stop lights (happened twice in extremely busy areas). Horrible misfire at low RPM and lower end knock. Started to change the LIM gaskets, accidentally dropped a fuel line disconnect tool down the intake. Only 1 power window motor works. Not worth moving forward at this point. I've had the car up for sale locally for $500 for a month with just a couple of tire kickers.

I got a guy who wants to give me $100 for the shift cable alone. The only way I won't lose my ass is if I part it out. The car's already half dead as it is. I did state I would get pics though, and here they are:

Comment

Like I said, PMs would be preferable if you need any parts. The car is an LS but the badge fell off the back and someone took the turbine wheels off. I even have the original window sticker.

Marquis_82, PM incoming on those lights.

Comment

Too bad as it "appears" to be in really nice shape! Not in condition to drive it from you to me or I'd be interested and shipping it wouldn't pay. Best of luck in the part outs!!

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                          Too bad as it "appears" to be in really nice shape! Not in condition to drive it from you to me or I'd be interested and shipping it wouldn't pay. Best of luck in the part outs!!
                          Ya, that's a shame, looks like a nice solid and straight car.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

it needs an exploder/MAF swap and my beater's trans with a silverfox AOD-WR VB and some HPPs

Good luck with getting your money back. sell the shift cable and then the passenger side doors to HiFiMerc and you could probably scrap the rest for profit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Darn shame to part that car out ! Even if you had to put another engine in it, it would serve you well for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X