Window adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window adjustment?

The passenger side window on my box gets stuck while going up. Looks like it rotates towards the rear and get jammed in the rail. Also, while rolling down or up the whole window shakes side to side. Is there something worn in the window regulator or do I just need to adjust one of the rails?

regulator probably needs grease in the window slide and the channels might need some silicon lube as well. My beater was shaking the pass rear window really bad and that's what fixed it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There's a little plastic guide (maybe two) that get worn out where the glass slides along the part attached inside the door. I think Dave found some in a Mustang parts store, same part.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

there is the plastic bushing on the guide rod, and the two plastic bits on the "scissor" arms that ride in the track itself. Also, if the window run felts are sticky, it'll bind up and do this. I know silicone is sort of anathema to painters, but the stuff works real nice in those window felts to keep the glass moving smooth.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          The passenger side window on my box gets stuck while going up. Looks like it rotates towards the rear and get jammed in the rail. Also, while rolling down or up the whole window shakes side to side. Is there something worn in the window regulator or do I just need to adjust one of the rails?
          Serge, what fixed this? I'm experiencing this with my passenger window now... it seems to go askew dropping slightly in the front when putting it up and gets stuck so I need to help it stay straight when raising it. Was it just grease, silicone or the plastic guides, guide bushings etc.... if so, part number and where do you get em.
          Thanks

Comment

Yeah, my 2 door driver window is not working but the information will be helpful.

Tim
            2000 Ford Crown Victoria
            84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
            85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
            89 Lincoln town car: RIP
            89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
            1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
            2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Mine is still not 100% fixed but I managed to get it to a point where it will roll up and down without getting stuck half way. The plastic guides on mine didn't really look worn out. They were a little rounded off on the edges, not sure if that's normal or not. Basically I messed with the rails/guides/channels or whatever you call them that the windows slides in. I had to loosen up all the bolts then start sliding it up and down and moving the channels until I managed to find a sweet spot.

Comment

i think thats basically the adjustment procedure. Loosen bolts and move things until it doesn't suck so much.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X