No announcement yet.

1989 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then it's gonna rust up mighty quick then. Undercoating on top of bare steel or semi rusted steel? No bueno when you throw moisture at it, not to mention moisture with salt. I'd be curious enough to take a razor blade & grid to check adhesion, to ASTM D3359 ADHB standards. No adhesion, no corrosion performance.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Reason it caught my attention is, people do that a lot here in the north. A lot of people fall for the trick too., when buying a vehicle.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I will go down to check it out. It is not that far away. It will be good exercise for one of my rust free Ca. cars. Maybe I can get them to put it on a lift.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          Reason it caught my attention is, people do that a lot here in the north. A lot of people fall for the trick too., when buying a vehicle.
          Oh ok, thought you were in support of the guy lol.. I see that a lot around here too, especially with those beater car lots, doubt they even sand blast or grind anything away, just simply spray the rust black.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          I will go down to check it out. It is not that far away. It will be good exercise for one of my rust free Ca. cars. Maybe I can get them to put it on a lift.
          You're just going to have fun with the guy, right? I hope so anyway.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Steering wheels looks a little too worn.

Wonder if it has the original plug wires, etc?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
            X