bye bye Blazer bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bye bye Blazer bye bye

Finally got pics of this mess. Check your parking brakes kiddies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150705_201017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1303056Click image for larger version

Name:	20150705_201025.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1303057Click image for larger version

Name:	20150705_201606.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1303058Click image for larger version

Name:	20150705_202230.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1303059

The boat is hooked to the trailer, which is somewhere under the boat in these pics. The back end of the truck was floating because the boat was holding it up. It actually jackknifed and smashed up the bumper on the Blazer during the process. trailer is fine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

un bueno.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Non amphibious blazer.

Scary how you could have lost the boat too.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Break Out Another Thousand

Since that's all a Blazer will cost.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

She already replaced it. There is a 2010 quad cab Silverado in the garage now. Also, apparently there was full coverage on the Blazer. They'll be cutting a check for book value less the $500 deductible. Won't be much, but it'll be better than scrap value. I think the tires are sold too, so thats a couple bucks. Basically it makes the down payment on the replacement truck.

Losing the boat really would have pissed me off. Tide was on its way out, so I wasn't overly concerned. I was thinking I could un-winch it once the truck got pulled out enough for the crank to not hit the back, but the strap broke on it's own. A knife would have done it too. Oh well, strap is new now and I've got 17 feet of seat belt material to use for a tow strap for the lawn tractor if I need it.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow, lucked out on the full coverage. So, are you in the dog house for this?
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Not really. Sort of a no fault thing. Not a damn thing I could have done about it, other than not get out of the way and have the stupid thing run me over and probably drown me in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Not really. Sort of a no fault thing. Not a damn thing I could have done about it, other than not get out of the way and have the stupid thing run me over and probably drown me in the process.
                That's the best news - that you were not behind it!! The other shit is replaceable.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Impressive!!! Well it sucks for the Blazer after all the work that got done on it, but whatever, you're still around to tell the story, that's what matters.

So parking brake didn't hold, what about the one built into the trans?
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

One tire slips and the other rolls with an open diff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ya, that's dead alright.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        One tire slips and the other rolls with an open diff.
                        True, forgot about that effect. LSDs front and rear, I'm spoiled alright!
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I'm thinking it may not have been fully into park. I reached in through the window to yank on the shifter and it started ratcheting louder, but it did not stop. That was about all I had a chance to do, if I'd have tried to jump in to hit the foot brake it would have gone under anyway with me in it. That ramp is fairly slick at near low tide. I nearly went on my ass several times climbing out of the water.

It was likely to be traded for something newer within the next 6 months anyway. This sort of bumped the timetable up a bit. Honestly with the insurance, it'll probably end up about as good as the trade-in would have been anyway so all in all, its probably a wash, puns intended.
                          Last edited by gadget73; 07-08-2015, 12:25 AM.

Comment

That's one of the reasons why I tolerate my 4.25-ton boat anchor - if THAT starts moving with the wheels locked up there is little chance of ANYTHING keeping that load in check!

So how did they pull it out? Tow truck at the very top of the ramp, with a diver on the other end of the rope?

Comment

Wow, that looked like it was in good shape. Glad you didn't lose the boat but whoa lol. At least it wasn't the Town Car and it was going to go away soon anyhow. Glad you're alright.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X