No announcement yet.

bye bye Blazer bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really putting it's off-road capabilities to the test I see.
    Good to hear you weren't injured.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      ... It was likely to be traded for something newer within the next 6 months anyway. This sort of bumped the timetable up a bit. Honestly with the insurance, it'll probably end up about as good as the trade-in would have been anyway so all in all, its probably a wash, puns intended.
      I'm glad there was a proverbial silver lining in the cloud. Could there have been an issue with the parking brakes getting wet or something?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

That sucks. I liked my friend's 04 Blazer, we put an ebay cold air intake and a Thrush Turbo muffler on it, gave it a bit of growl. The Vortec 4.3 has plenty of power for those little trucks, I know a guy with an S10 Regular Cab 2WD 5spd 4.3, that little truck hauls ass. I can only imagine how fun the old GMC Syclone/Typhoon was to drive, even though they were auto.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
          That's one of the reasons why I tolerate my 4.25-ton boat anchor - if THAT starts moving with the wheels locked up there is little chance of ANYTHING keeping that load in check!

So how did they pull it out? Tow truck at the very top of the ramp, with a diver on the other end of the rope?
          I think we used 5/8" 3 strand, nothing all that special or heavy tied to the hitch on the neighbor's F250 (or F350, can't recall, 4x4 gasser, single rear axle). I walked across the roof and down the hood, got in the water in front of the front bumper and hooked it. I was standing on the paved ramp at that point, the top of the hood was about waist deep. The front wheels didn't go off the edge. The back end was basically held up by the boat and the trailer being jackknifed behind the rig. If it had not done that, it probably would have just shot straight out and it would have really been a mess.

THe 2010 Silverado she replaced it with manages to do better on fuel and it's got a 5.3 V8. Its a fairly nice truck. Bit over-complicated for my liking but it drives good. We were doing mid-18's on the trip to WV, the Blazer seldom hit 18 at all, 17.5ish was about typical for it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My '92 S-10 did that in the parking lot of work soon after I got it. The one day I parked on the inclined portion and it rolled down to the other side of the parking lot. After that incidence, I replaced the parking brake cable on all of the vehicles. LOL

Packman

Comment

Working...
            X