Heavy Duty AOD Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Duty AOD Build

Built this transmission to go behind a Fox body Mustang with a 347 supercharged engine.

Build starts with an E9 AOD case.

The cast direct and forward drums are replaced with the late model stamped steel drums and the improved clutches.

This is a standard ratio AOD, updated to 2" OD band

The owner chose to retain the lock up torque converter and a 300m input shaft was installed.

The forward clutch piston was machine to accommodate an improved forward clutch wave plate

Lubrication improvements include removing the cooler check ball and spring in the front pump stator.

The sonnax A+ OD servo was installed and the plastic 2-3 accumulator piston was replaced with the late model bonded rubber piston.

Transmission was assembled with a new NOS HO governor and air tested... It passed.

A valve body from SilverFox has been ordered and due to arrive in a few weeks.
    Last edited by 88grandmarq; 07-08-2015, 08:54 PM.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Great work, as always Eric.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If you weren't so far away, I'd have you build me a bulletproof AOD.
      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Next time I need an aod rebuilt, I mite have to call you up. Plus you are less than 2 hours away. Have any cool box panther stuff laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
          Next time I need an aod rebuilt, I mite have to call you up. Plus you are less than 2 hours away. Have any cool box panther stuff laying around?
          not much left.. some seats and a good header panel
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
          X