Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which speaker lead is positive and negative? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which speaker lead is positive and negative? HELP!

I can't find any correct diagrams on the net as they describe colors I don't have. I took the wires out of the harness last year and am trying to put it back on but need to know the polarity first. This is for the speaker in the passenger side door. Wire 1 is white with lime green stripe. Wire 2 is green with an orange stripe. Which is which?!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

white/light green should be +
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Thain! You're a life saver.

Comment

If you have the EVTM, the way they draw the stuff is with negative wiring closer to the bottom of the page. Its not real obvious but thats what they did.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

EVTM?

I hopped on Google and searched each year starting from 1987 to 1989 and ended up with sites similar to this one:
          http://www.modifiedlife.com/1988-lin...iring-diagram/
          But of course, that doesn't match what's in either of my doors. Had I known I would've run into this issue I would've taken pictures before putting in the Ford JBL stuff. had to take the harness off since the Ford JBL speakers I found were from an 89 and 88 and lower has the older style. Took me forever to put these new speakers in, glad its over now lol.

Comment

Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual.
            The one I got for my car I think I got for somewhere in the $10-$15 range, fairly certain it was under $20.

I got at least one book on Ebay from this guy up the road from us in Romeo.
            He has at least 3 88 TC EVTMs:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-LINCOLN...8ae3db&vxp=mtr
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ima get Ashley up on dat! Might never need it again but still nice to have. Thanks Vic!

Comment

yeah, they're amazingly useful books. I have one for each of my cars, along with the factory shop manual.

Comment

They are a lifesaver!!! I have the 1989 for my car and had to get an 87 to see the standalone speed control setup.
                  sigpic
                  89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                  13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                  "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

I have the shop manual for my Fireturd but I don't know why it never occurred to me to get them for these cars. We got a Snapon MT2500 scanner off ebay for these OBDI things a few days ago since autozone and what not always bitch about having to scan our cars since they're so old. Can't wait to try it out over the weekend. It's got all kinds of crap for vehicles we'll never own but you never know when a friend will be in a pinch..

Comment

Working...
                    X