No announcement yet.

AOD Kickdown Rod Bushing Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to say there is a clip on the side of the carb that keeps that rod in place, isn't there? If so, you can probably leave it where it is, and use the brass bushing clip to retain in. Might have to flip the bushing around so the clips don't hit one another.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I want to say there is a clip on the side of the carb that keeps that rod in place, isn't there? If so, you can probably leave it where it is, and use the brass bushing clip to retain in. Might have to flip the bushing around so the clips don't hit one another.
      There's a peg on linkage on the carb side that goes through a hole at the end of the rod. The bushing keeps everything snug and in the right spot. You can see how it all goes together sans bushing in the first couple of photos I posted in this thread. It just looks like the set up using the cable is a little different because the peg appears to be on the cable and the linkage has the hole (which is opposite to how the carbs work). This may make zero difference if the design of the peg on the cable is the same as the design of the peg on the carb linkage... just flip it around and apply it the same way. My only concern is the design of the peg on the cable looks different than carb, so I'm not sure if the brass bushing would work.

But that's just judging by those blurry photos of that lincoln set up with the TV cable... could be exactly the same.
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Working...
      X