No announcement yet.

any experience with Continental tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at all the fun tires and comparing to what's available local to me... the Perelli P7 seems to be an awesome tire and comes in about $20 less than the Defender per tire and has a better speed rating (H).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

P7s like pictured will definitely grip better than the defenders

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Dunno couldn't tell ya, I've been running Goodyear Integrities since 2010ish, yes the ones everyone else hates. I really like them, in my experience they've been quiet, ride well, an do just sfine in the rain or snow. I got 60,000 miles out of the last set and I pretty much drive like an idiot, the rears looked like slicks and the front weren't much better. I bought those in May 2010 for $65 apiece and I'm pretty happy with how they did. The set on my Town Car was brand spankin new when I bought it 10,000 miles ago, we'll see how they hold up.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I don't put much stock in tirerack reviews. You really got to read between the lines, see how far they have driven them, and try and weed out who has no clue.

Alex.

Comment

That reminds me, I've got G year integrities on the Fury, put 'em on there two years ago and then took the car on a 2,500 mile road trip. In heavy rain they did real well despite being pizza cutter-ish. I'd buy them again.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
            X