Window channel seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window channel seals

Hey, one of the old, dried up window seals (not the dew wipes, but I should probably replace those as well) at the top back corner of the Mark VI started pulling out, when I tried to shove it back up in, a big chunk broke off.

So does anybody know where I can get the rubber/hard window seals for in the channels around the top and side edges of the power window glass? Not door seals, where the window goes up fully closed.

My searching thus far has found the following sites but I don't know which parts to order. I think I found a source for the metal clips as well, link below.

Clips (don't know which style to get but I haven't looked closely at the ones in the door) http://stores.restorationspecialties...rip-fasteners/

there are pages of window channel seals at that site as well, then there's JC Whitney http://www.jcwhitney.com/fairchild-i...c3827d1409u0j1

Then I found a page of universal windshield and channel moldings here http://www.dkhardware.com/universal-...ZC553M0P1.html

I would like to get this done before I start having water intrusion issues. I've already got wind noise from a cracked/missing section up near the forward corner of the driver door window seal. Will probably do new dew wipes and fix the keypad (etc) while in the doors. The passenger windows have stopped going down, so I'll see if that can be freed up, and some of the seat adjustment directions/switches didn't work on the passenger side, so probably need to clean those contacts or change out the switches/joystick while in there. Luckily, the 2 door motors and regulators are readily available via ebay and possibly other places as well.
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 07-21-2015, 02:16 AM.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

That's one thing I was dreading doing on that car. The window channel felts were in bad shape when I got it. Tag, yer it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not sure exactly what the two door uses, but the four doors can use stuff from Steele Rubber. Blast if I could tell you which style it is though. I bought it forever ago and wasn't organized enough to keep notes. There are two different sizes though. The larger size is the same as the Fords use, and that number has been posted somewhere. The smaller stuff is what goes into the dividing bar between the main window glass and the smoking window, if you have that. Thats the one I have no idea what it is.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X