need 92 Vic air suspension wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need 92 Vic air suspension wiring

Anyone have an EVTM for a 92ish Vic that they can scan me the air suspension pages from? I've had these parts for more than a year, its about time to figure out what to do with them.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

It should be prewired for it. At least both of my 96's were. The connectors were just chilling there.

Comment

Pretty sure he's gonna put it in his '86 Town Car, by the way Thain which car are you bringing to SF this year? Town Car or the Mark VII.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

here ya go... from the 93 EVTM...

How The Circuit Works

The Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module controls both the Air Suspension System and the EVO Variable Assist Power Steering System. Refer to Section 43 for information on the EVO Variable Assist Power Steering System.

The Air Suspension System is designed to maintain the rear end height of the vehicle within predetermined limits, even though passengers may enter or exit the vehicle and objects may be placed in or removed from the trunk.

Vehicles equipped with the Air Suspension System do not have conventional coil springs placed between the rear axle housing and the frame. Instead, inflatable air springs are placed there. The air springs are inflated or deflated by a compressor/vent solenoid assembly that is controlled by the Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module.

The Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module is programmed with two height correction strategies: a short term (immediate) correction strategy and a long term (averaging) strategy.

If the Ignition Switch is in RUN, the vehicle is not moving and a door is opened or closed, the short term strategy is used. The Module checks vehicle height and adjusts it immediately, according to Linear Height Sensor input.

If the Ignition Switch is in RUN and the vehicle is moving, the long term strategy is used. The Module monitors the Linear Height Sensor and computes an average vehicle height. The Module adjusts vehicle height. Only when the average height is not within the predetermined limits.

With vehicle speed above 15 mph, the Module ignores the "door open" input and follows only the long term strategy.

MODULE INPUTS

Air Spring Switch
        The Air Suspension Switch turns the system on and off during repair and/or diagnostic procedures.

Door Jamb Switches
        With any door open (or ajar), battery voltage is present on circuit 24 (DB/O) at the Module. With this signal present, the Module will not lower the vehicle. This will prevent an open door from being lowered onto a curb or other object.

The Module ignores a "door open" signal if vehicle speed is above 15 mph.

Linear Height Sensor
        The Linear Height Sensor determines whether or not the vehicle rear height is within predetermined limits. The Air Suspension Module supplies power and ground to the Sensor and then monitors the signals it gets back on circuits 427 (PK/BK) and 428 (O/BK). The Height Sensor can indicate only three conditions: vehicle at trim height, vehicle above trim height and vehicle below trim height.

Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
        The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) input is used for both the EVO Steering and the Air Suspension Systems. In the Air Suspension System, the module uses the input to determine whether the vehicle is stationary, moving below 15 mph or moving above 15 mph.

MODULE INPUTS

Air Spring Solenoids
        Each air spring has a replaceable Air Spring Solenoid. This Solenoid operates a valve that blocks air from entering or leaving the air spring. The Air Spring Solenoid windings are grounded by the Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module when air must be added or removed from the air springs.

Vent Solenoid
        The Vent Solenoid is located inside the Air Suspension Compressor. When energized, the Solenoid operates a valve that allows air released from the air springs to be vented.

Compressor Relay
        Voltage is present at the Compressor Relay coil at all times. The Compressor Relay coil ground circuit is controlled by the Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module. When the Module grounds the coil, the Relay contacts close and power flows to the Air Suspension Compressor Motor.

Warning Indicator
        If the Air Suspension/EVO Steering Module detects a system fault, it grounds circuit 419 (DG/LG) to the Instrument Cluster and the AIR SUSPENSION Indicator turns on. The Indicator also turns on if the service switch is off with the ignition on.

Raising the Vehicle
        To raise the vehicle, the module first grounds circuit 420 (DB/Y) to energize the Compressor Relay and start the Air Suspension Compressor. After a one second delay, the Module energizes the Air Spring Solenoids. Compressed air flows from the Compressor into the air springs until the Module determines, from the Linear Height Sensor, that the vehicle has reached trim height. The Compressor is then shut off and the Air Spring Solenoids are de-energized.

Lowering the Vehicle
        To lower the vehicle, the Module energizes the Air Spring Solenoids and the Vent Solenoids at the same time. Air escapes from the air springs and the vehicle lowers. When the Module determines that trim height has been reached, all three solenoids are de-energized.
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          It should be prewired for it. At least both of my 96's were. The connectors were just chilling there.
          yeah, 86 Towncars don't have 92 air suspension wiring

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
          Pretty sure he's gonna put it in his '86 Town Car, by the way Thain which car are you bringing to SF this year? Town Car or the Mark VII.
          Both. I'm bringing the Towncar, but the Mark VII is currently already up there.

Thanks Jason!
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hm, looks like I may actually have all the parts. I've got a good half of a 92 Vic car harness. All of the air suspension, most of the in-dash wiring, and a big chunk of under-hood including a spare fuse box. Now comes the fun part of figuring out what I don't need. Most of the dashboard shit I expect is related to the variable assist steering, which I don't plan to use. Looks like all I really ought to need is the output for the air suspension idiot light, a key-on hot, and a tie to the interior lamps in the car. Have to figure out the wiring for the compressor, thats been chopped but should be easy enough.

Comment

Anyone have pics of where the switch mounted, and where the control unit itself mounted? Just wondering if there is a bracket that I don't have, or if it mounted to tabs on the body.

Comment

the control module mounts on the back seat bracing on the driver side.

The little black box on the left there next to the amp.

Obviously in a box, you'll need to make your own mounts on that location.

Can't help with the switch mount as mine is coils and always has been.

Also, the diag light location is mounted to the passenger side quarter above the jack mount in my 93. You could be a sneaksey hobbit and just wire a 12V LED in there and always have a diag light on it.
                Last edited by sly; 07-25-2015, 03:10 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

hm, my control unit has studs on the back, not wings on the end. Probably still mounts in the same area though. I'm guessing this must be the variable steering on yours then. With air suspension, one control unit does both, though I'm not using the steering stuff.

NBD, I can figure something out. Mostly I was just wondering if I needed to crawl around in trunks to find some magic bracket or if I should just not waste time and fab my own. Looks like fabrications it is.

Comment

That's an evo only module. I'm pretty sure the air suspension/evo modules are shaped differently.

Comment

Yeah, but they're mounted in the same place.

Comment

On the subject, anyone have pics of where the air hose is supposed to route? I think I can guesstimate where it belongs but it would be nice to confirm before I get it all in there only to find out I have to rip it back out and aim somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                        X