No announcement yet.

Aero NPI turbocharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"investment" and "car" are never to be in the same sentence without the word "bad" in there somewhere.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      "investment" and "car" are never to be in the same sentence without the word "bad" in there somewhere.
      Bad just stamped all over the entire investment portfolio, or uh. Receipts.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        I think you'd be about equal to the cost of a Marauder. Mod motors are disgustingly expensive to have work done on.
        Maybe I'll just buy another 460. Of course, then I'd spend the money on an overdrive.

Comment

Yeah I'm a cheap bastard but crossbreed cars make me ill. Mod motors are money pits without forced induction so you may be on to something with the 460. It'll definitely not be wanting for torque! How 'bout a 400 midland if we're really getting out there. Throw some aussie 2v heads on it, or edelbrocks, a good cam, and you've got a torque monster that'll also rev. Or you could just cross your fingers, leave the stock motor in and spray the hell out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by C-Dave View Post
            I've searched the forums, but on the subject of blown NPI engines, I have not seen much recently. My own 93 MGM has only 74k on it, isn't driven daily, or sometimes, even weekly. Won't race it, might pull a trailer, do a lot of highway cruising. Would like more power. I mean, intercooled turbo kind of power, like 370- 400 ft/lbs of torque. Can anyone point to a working turbo 4.6 NPI with 8 psi or less? Does all the plumbing for an Aero have to be custom-made?
            351W made up to 340lb-ft of torque from the factory and that was with a flat tappet cam. 351W with an AOD we know will pretty much bolt in to your '93. Wiring is a pain but is able to be done.
            Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            Honestly, this. I hate seeing LS's in everything as much as the next guy, but a JY 4.8/5.3 is impossible to beat dollar per performance ratio. Throw on an ebay turbo for extra fun. The power guys are getting out of the stock long blocks is ridiculous.
            I hate it enough to spend more money and keep it Ford powered

Comment

It's not at all hard to wire. I did it with just a multimeter. Then I smartened up and got an EVTM, which I've never used. But plan to in the near future....

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

getting a bastard block '92 car will be much easier if you plan on making that 351W EFI

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

The more I drive the f150 around, I'd love to see a 6.2 with the 6 speed planted into a panther. Might turn out nice if the truck's inst. cluster was grafted in! There's the 380 torque. Feels like it has a very wide torque band also.
                  sigpic
                  89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                  13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                  "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

I would love to plant a coyote/6speed combo (or the newer 8 speed one) in a panther... but $$$$$$$

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      I would love to plant a coyote/6speed combo (or the newer 8 speed one) in a panther... but $$$$$$$
                      It's all in the master plan..

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                      X