Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please identify these seats

Karl Childers here (MMmHmm).

This '89 Townie is exactly like Ashley's but with a digital dash and different seats. The seats appear to be factory but aren't they from the aero generation? Take a look:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5158512410.html

They've got the cupholder arm rests and more importantly, a different seat & back rest design.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

That seat design is found in the late 80s Town Car. I forget what model/trim package. The armrests are a different color and are from a early 90s Town Car.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Ah, that's it! Cartier trim? Didn't even notice the uneven wear patterns between seat cushion & arm rests. Thought Cartier was only available in grey?

Comment

Not sure on coloring but those look dang near like Cartier trimmed out seats.

Oops for our Canadian posters - Colouring
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

They look like some sort of custom job. If I had to guess they are recovered 90-94 Cartier seats with the emblems changed back to Lincoln symbols. Those arm rests were not available in a box and Cartier seats were pretty much exclusively grey until 95 IIRC.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Now that you mention it, when I look at those seats and how worn out they are I'm thinking they were originally gray, it's just the blue dye they used is fading away. At least on the ass cushions anyway. Custom work for sure.

Comment

One's a left seat and one's a right.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I use to see those seats around but not any more, they are getting hard to find. And I have no idea if they belong in that Lincoln.
                They look stock to me?
                I did find a set of those arm rests in the right color and put them in my CV, they're great!. love'em.

Comment

Those are 88-89 Cartier Town Car seats with center armrests out of a 90-94 Town Car Signature or Cartier model. However there is something up with the logo embroidery. It's the Lincoln symbol and not the Cartier symbol. Here is what is typical of the stitching on Cartier models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartier.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1278103

Since it's an 89, perhaps it was just a cheaper option to stitch the Lincoln logo in like all the base and Signature models rather than the special Cartier logo towards the end of production? Weird but interesting.
                  1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

I think someone stitched and then died those seats to look factory. Ashley's is an 89 signature and her seats look like mine except they're leather.

Comment

Working...
                    X