Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest way to change opera light bulbs on a box Town Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest way to change opera light bulbs on a box Town Car?

Hi there fellas,

Headlight burned out the other day so I decided I'd replace all of the exterior lights on my 88 Townie. Only ones that have me a little concerned are the opera lights and so I was wondering what the best/easiest way to do it was. Manual I got from Kyle says to remove interior access panel but there's no panel, only the entire b pillar trim.. Probably time to hit the yards and F up a yard car to figure it out lol.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

The B pillar trim is an access panel.
    If the townie opera lights are the same as the cv/gm ones, you just need to pry out the top and bottom trim bits to get access.

Alex.

Comment

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks Alex!

Comment

I'm done swapping all exterior bulbs including CMHSL ones. The opera lights are really easy to do, takes like 3 minutes a side from start to finish! (I'm anal so I put bulb grease in the connector and some sticky putty around the socket to keep it from jiggling around and then clean the bulb off with Windex). The manual is rather vague so if anyone ever has this question all you do is remove the two screws on the B pillar trim (one on each side at about waist level if you're standing outside), gently pry at the top until the trim pops free and then lift straight up and over towards the back seat. There are guides at the bottom to keep it anchored so you can't just pull it away like at the top. Then you'll see a rectangular rubber grommet, mine weren't really in the hole but they'll pull out really easy and from there you'll see the socket. Reassembly is reverse of disassembly

Comment

Working...
        X