No announcement yet.

1962 Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food for thought; if you haven't already looked into this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/2-...hread-1308537/

Packman

Comment

I had one or more threads bookmarked on jeepforum.com, but they lock you out and try to make you pay like $120/yr.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
          I had one or more threads bookmarked on jeepforum.com, but they lock you out and try to make you pay like $120/yr.

holy hell. Screw that noise.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

pay-for forums. Wankers.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Now, now, I'm sure the "lifetime" option for like 250-275 or whatever is a very shitty deal.

Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Got an Iron Duke with a T5 Ford transmission and maybe it's a Dana 300? Transfer Case.

It came with the hydraulic clutch cylinder too. Paid $650 which I feel is a great deal for the whole drivetrain.

Comment

Ah this is a cool build, I'm afraid I don't know much about jeeps, but look forward to seeing more progress! Do you plan to do any work to the iron duke and t5, or use them as is?
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    Ah this is a cool build, I'm afraid I don't know much about jeeps, but look forward to seeing more progress! Do you plan to do any work to the iron duke and t5, or use them as is?
                    As is for now, not looking to go mudding or rock crawling. They had 80-90 hp back in 1981 & weighed 2200lbs. So half the weight of a Town Car, half the horsepower. I have no interest in putting a Chevy V8 in it, even though the bell housing will directly bolt one on (they're rare). If anything to increase horsepower down the line I would get a turbo-coupe motor & world-class T5 rebuild. 190hp in half the weight of a Town Car? Flip city unless you're really careful.

Comment

Honestly I'd do a 4.3 V6 before a Chevy V8 in one of these. Less power, but frankly you don't need more power. Similar ponies to a TC 2.3 but much better low end torque, which is far more practical in a Heep anyway. You don't want to go fast in one of these things. They feel like they're about to fall off the face of the earth just sitting still.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Opps! I meant re-gasketing, checking bearings etc, i know there are a few things inside the T5 that are cheap that usually need replacement, shift fork inserts, tailshaft bushing, seals.
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

One glance at the pic you posted and I immediately had fantasies of a 5.3L NV4500 combo or something like that trampling through the woods and such. LOL

4.3L V6 is what I would build if I found a clean Chevette. Brodix makes cylinder heads for those engines; so I wouldn't have to spend x amount of hours searching the JY for something to hog out. In any event; that Jeep looks to be a nice fun project.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            Opps! I meant re-gasketing, checking bearings etc, i know there are a few things inside the T5 that are cheap that usually need replacement, shift fork inserts, tailshaft bushing, seals.
                            For right now I guess it's "slap it together, change the oil, get it running, and if/when anything goes wrong, fix or reassess." The classic plates basically restrict you to driving to car shows or to the mechanic's and that's it. I won't ignore anything that doesn't sound or feel right once it's together, but drivetrain supposedly had 68k on it and was at least running/driving 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post

4.3L V6 is what I would build if I found a clean Chevette. Brodix makes cylinder heads for those engines; so I wouldn't have to spend x amount of hours searching the JY for something to hog out.

Packman
                              Or just use the stock ones and put the engine into something less awful than a Shitvette.

Comment

Oh, we might crack it apart and put a new clutch in it just while it's easy to get to and everything. I ordered lower motor mounts for an '81 CJ5/7 and we'll have to figure out where they go, or if it will be easier to fab up the whole thing to mount the rubber ones to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X