EEC-IV serial number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EEC-IV serial number?

Going to be getting a 91 octane tune for the '89 Grand Marq. What was the serial number for the EEC-IV computers that came with the cars for that year?
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

I've got a spare from 1991 Marquis and it works just fine with my 88, its too far buried for me to get a look at the number right now though.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If you are looking to tune the stock ECM, don't waste your time. The engine hardware doesn't support enough airflow to get any gains out of ECM work. You can get far more out of that motor with intake and exhaust work.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So you don't need to make changes to the EEC when you advance the timing? Derp.... guess it's just a Corvette thing (I read C4 tech/performance threads on CF from time to time).
        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
          So you don't need to make changes to the EEC when you advance the timing? Derp.... guess it's just a Corvette thing (I read C4 tech/performance threads on CF from time to time).
          Just turn the distributor if you want to bump the timing up a touch.

I don't even think there's anyone who could tune a SD lopo ECU. There is zero support for them. Even if there was, it would be a complete waste of time and money.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Just bump the timing up a little bit at a time until it starts detonating during acceleration, then back it off until that stops.
            Works for me!

Comment

most 302s base off 10 degrees BTDC. EFI will typically prefer 12 or 14 degrees. Some will go to 20 (theory here is the balancer has slipped a little). My 88 lopo like 14. The HO in the Mark VI that I sold liked 15-18 best for power, but 10 best for idle stability. I think I left it on 15.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X