The 91 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shaggin' waggin' man!

Noticed it too has the plastic lensed high beams... Just replaced all the lights on my Townie and discovered all four of the headlights were plastic lensed Sylvanias and that Ash's high beams are also plastic lensed. Were these factory?? New lights I put on are glass & have that nice classic look.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That's a sharp looking wagon!
      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Saw this in the SF pictures and was wondering who owned the mint wagon.

Looks great!
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          It's certainly more solid then my 92.
          Going to sell your '92 or keep it for backup?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Great looking car, was glad to see it in person.

Also, great to finally meet you!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              Nice shaggin' waggin' man!

Noticed it too has the plastic lensed high beams... Just replaced all the lights on my Townie and discovered all four of the headlights were plastic lensed Sylvanias and that Ash's high beams are also plastic lensed. Were these factory?? New lights I put on are glass & have that nice classic look.
              Yes, factory-original Sylvie plastic headlamps. Those high beams never seem to go bad. Seen a whole lot of them still installed over the years, including my own car. I replaced them when I had it painted, figuring that I'd worry about them when they were the worst looking part of the car.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Apologies for the old bump, but I specifically logged into GMN because I'd not heard anything from Zach in a long time. I figured a new car had happened, and I was right. And now I'm jealous.

Cars this nice don't exist (for that price) in Cleveland.
                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Wooo momma that's a clean wagon!
                  2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
                  3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

It's a beauty of a car, and couldn't be in the hands of a nicer guy. Pantera has been one of my biggest fans/advisors since I joined this site and I'm happy to see him with a good get. Perhaps someday i'll have the time and money to properly do what my poor car needs done, but for now, I live vicariously through y'all, and watch, read, learn, and note what I'm in for. Zach's advice and knowledge has, and will help me greatly in my endeavors, and hopefully going through some of the strange motions i'll be going through, can in turn help others. At least those that live in idiot states with idiot smog laws, or those with MAF cars like me. Gearing up to do a complete top-end on a Lo-Po with new heads, 1.7 rockers, intake, TB, MAF, and complete induction setup including '04 PI airbox. Hoping in the end it pretty much looks factory but greatly improves performance. Since I'm on a MAF computer, I figure it should adjust to all the new shit fine once it learns what's up. I'll be doing this with a c&l MAF which is CA legal with a smog EO number. Just got cats put back on the car so the goal is to do "pretty much" everything commie legal here in the land of sunshine and no water. We'll see how it goes, but congrats on the wagon, she's a keeper!

Comment

Quick update on this thing.

Rebuilt the trak-loc and swapped in the K-code from my other 91 wagon.
                      Swapped out the rear springs for cargo coils and replaced the shocks with new KYB GR2's
                      Added PI lower control arms and a PI rear swaybar
                      Added a hitch, and trailer brake controller. Since then I've decided to buy a F250, so I'll probably take the controller and 7pin out, I'll leave the hitch though.
                      Fluid Filmed the snot out of it and swapped the snows on.

Other than that I just drive it. Not really going to do anything else with it, just keep driving it.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

where's the like button... oh right...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I love that car.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I love that car.
                            Me too! How I missed this thread! That awesome clean wagon! Glad it's saved from derby!
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                            X