Another Console MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Console MGM

Here's a sweet MGM with console/buckets in HammerTown.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/h...ationFlag=true

Dark blue on tan. Mileage (please don't call me out on referring to the accumulation of kilometers as mileage) is a little high, but it all looks in good shape.

Again, if I had a couple of grand lying around and space, I would nab it. I love me these cars!

Shouldn't have bought the Buick. Sigh.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Bucket seats & center consoles with shifters make it harder to get road head or handy-j's while behind the wheel
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

But you can make up for the bucket seats in the car if you have an Italian Leather Sofa at home.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Oh look a panther with the shifter on the floor, where it belongs. What a novel idea. I do believe this is what was originally called an LSE model, the Mecury version of the Crown Victoria LX Sport, besides bucket seats and the center console they also came with rear air suspension and dual exhaust as well as either 3.27's or 3.55's. They were originally made from '01-'03 and they brought them back and made a few for the 2005 model year. Back in 2010 when I totalled my '95 MGM I had a chance to buy a '05 LSE unfortunately it sold before I could get the money together.
        Last edited by mercurygm88; 08-20-2015, 01:16 PM.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          But you can make up for the bucket seats in the car if you have an Italian Leather Sofa at home.
          Nice, must be a Cake fan lol.

Comment

I can't say that I know too many songs by Cake, but based on your first post I figured you would get the reference.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

Bucket seats & center consoles with shifters make it harder to get road head or handy-j's while behind the wheel

That is why there is a back seat. Just pull over, Hop in back and everyone is happy! I have seen a double fatal accident where "IT" was not there. Guess where the coroner found it. Gave a new meaning to safe sex.

Comment

Can't make any progress with a road trip while you're in the back seat! Gotta multitask, keep your hand on the wheel and your eyes on the road! I love consoles & stickshifts but not in every car. There's just something about a bench seat and your gal next to you. So uhh, was it in her mouth? LOL

Comment

You guessed right. The bad part is I can still see the expressions on both of their faces.

Comment

Special hot dog right there lol. They were killed instantly? Wow. Really too busy around here for those kind of shenanigans and people seem to notice and want to watch, they pace the car and everything, its creepy.

Comment

Special hot dog right there lol. They were killed instantly? Wow. Really too busy around here for those kind of shenanigans and people seem to notice and want to watch, they pace the car and everything, its creepy.
                      In 1966 when I was about to graduate HS my dad "gifted" me with my Avanti.......thinking I would not get into any sexual trouble with the car.....bucket seats and stick shift......he never considered that a willing young man aged 17 with raging hormones on his way to college would find a "way".......and find a way I did;-)

Comment

Hahaha. Anything certainly is possible. "Where there is a will, there is a way."
                        1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Hey! I was just in Hamilton and took a look at the car and it looks pretty decent! There's some minor bubbling on the rear wheel arch and a spot that looks to be missing paint near the bottom of one door, but other than that, pretty solid. The wheels looked brand new! It's a pretty good deal I think, but sounds like you bench seat guys have spoken! lol
                          ************************************************** ******************************
                          1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                          1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                          http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

That's actually a pretty good deal for a nicely equipped HPP car. And I don't even like whales! Tires have plenty of tread; they'll be good for plenty of burnouts until one can afford to run wider and stickier summer tires. That might even be a PrecisionTrac car- can't make out the lettering above the glovebox on that trim piece. Sadly missing the digital dash. Even in all its '95+ decontented glory, I still like the design. The layouts are right where they should be, with the important stuff in the center.
                            I figured you'd be the first to note that.

On a more boring/practical level, I like being able to stretch and move my legs around on longer trips. I also love column shifers in general and more imporantly, for hard driving. It's super duper easy to shuffle gears for stoplight drag racing and/or go from OD to ODL when you go rip around the twisty backroads. You barely need to move your hand from the wheel. Once you build the muscle memory, it's just pull n' go. Similar logic to why some manufacturers put shift paddles behind the steering wheel on sports cars. Or even uninspiring economy cars if they're silly geese. The flipside to all this is you don't have anything to brace your right leg against during extreme cornering. Solution is better seats and racing harnesses.
                            Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-20-2015, 12:39 AM. Reason: Added some context.
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I had a dream my Townie had the T-5 swap done, sigh of relief when I sat in it this morning. Checked both temperature sending units yesterday and they're good, but I forgot to plug them back in. Confused LoPo. Whoops.

Comment

Working...
                              X