Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customizing the look and feel of the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customizing the look and feel of the site?

Ok, am I missing something obvious?

At one point, after an update, I guess, everything reverted to the standard white background, black text, blue links.

Today, I discovered the Customize My Profile button - I generally prefer dark screens and light text. So, I was able to tweak things, and voila!

Then I quickly discovered that it only customizes the colors on my profile page. The rest of the forum looks the same.

How do I change the theme/colors for the forum itself?
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

menus at the top of the page: Forum Actions/General Settings
    scroll down to the misc. section. change the skin you use.

We can't guarantee anything will work other than the default skin, so YMMV.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You can also scroll to the very bottom of the page. In the lower left corner is a drop-down box where you can pick the theme. The standard one is basically a boring-ass stock VBulletin color scheme with some banners stuck in.

Themes are not something I've ever fooled with much. Frankly I suck at it, and in order to not cause myself massive headaches I tend to leave it be. Thats also why there is a super-stock theme without even the banners cut in. Its basically the 'I frigged it up, need something to access in order to fix things' theme.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

probably something to do with your cookies n'shit
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I used to do themes, way way back when they where straight forward. vbulletin themes are now horrendously huge and not very intuitive. I stick with the basic theme anymore. The last one I did was the 'blame this on alex', maybe just called 'alex' now on cvn. To make a readable for geezer eyes compared to the basic themese that where available then that where terrible to read.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
          X