No announcement yet.

2008 Lincoln Navigator L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere that the plugs come out slightly easier when the engine is not dead cold. Apparently running them for 15 minutes before messing with it increases your odds. Are the Autolite plugs the revised design that doesn't break? I think the Motorcraft plugs are, no idea if others are.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Unsure, but I have at least another 100k to find out.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Ok, back on the road again. Threw some new tires on it and took a week to replace just the passenger exhaust manifold studs....of which during that time I questioned my mechanical abilities multiple times. IT SUCKED
        So fresh oil and filter, tires and stuff.
        Running great. Over the summer I want to flush the transmission, fix the passenger fog light, A/C, Dual Seat Control Module, and reseal and service the front diff, transfer case, and rear diff. And maybe fix that one light on the hatch and the running boards.
        Small list of things.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I fixed the A/C and am going to fix the fog light tonight.
          Two more lights in the hatch burnt out.
          Need to order the DSCM soon. And take a look at the running boards as well.
          Just keeps doing LuxuryTank things.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Fixed the fog light. Now they both work.
            Last week the alternator died in the driveway. Smoked the battery too. Bought a new alternator and battery. Just what I wanted to do before Christmas...
            Now there's an issue with the shifter not coming out of park, which is always nice.
            But besides that, it's working well for 178k, lol

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

do those have the same thing with the column getting loose and binding the shift tube like the panthers do?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not sure. Haven't had time to look at it. It's a center console shifter too.
                Ugh.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Turns out it was the brake switch in the foot pedal. Brake lights stopped working as well.
                  Ordered a new switch and it should be here shortly. I did take the old switch apart and mess with it a bit. Reinstalled it and every thing works now. Shifter comes out of park and the brake lights work. So I'm going to replace the switch anyways.
                  Rear wiper motor quit. Gonna see if I can find exactly what is wrong with it and try and replace just the failed component. $119 for a new rear wiper motor is a bit....high.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

If 2006 wiper motor is the same I have one.

Comment

parts lookup says 03-08 is the same... so that 06 one should work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Long catching up.

Brake Switch fixed it all.
                        Replaced all the rear brake lights.
                        Put a new left side catalytic converter on it and O2 sensors.
                        Replaced a trailing arm or something. Not sure exactly what it's called, but it has a balljoint type end and the other end is adjustable, possible camber adjustment for the rear. It has IRS.
                        Also replaced the right front upper control arm. Ball joint was terrible. Got 4 new shoes, and a 4-wheel alignment. All gravy.

Grabbed PowerStop Z36 Towing kit: Powder Coated red and rebuild calipers, carbon kevlar brake pads, and drilled, slooooooted, rotors. Looks and stops like a champ now. Should be good until 250k.

I did buy a rear wiper motor. It failed after 2 passes. Warrentied it for another. Been working fine.

Next is oil change and transfer case oil change. Then running boards.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I bought the motors for the running boards, and then the shafts seized in the brackets. One bracket started to crack and they're like $700.
                          So the running boards are now permanently down forever. No worries.

I fixed an evap line to the purge canister. And yup. That's it.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

So, as it turns out, it just keeps going.
                            Which is good.

Finally have to replace the front axle seals since they are now officially leaking.
                            I bought some awesome LED fog lights that I have yet to install. They are comparable to a decent LED light bar.

And I bought ATV LED fog lights. These are going into the hatch, so when it's open, I can actually see around the rear of the truck. The only thing in there is a single festoon light, and it's pointed into the back of the truck. I really wanted it done before last weekend for tailgating at the Bills night game, but I couldn't bring myself to wire it up when it's 4* out.

Put some PowerStop pads and rotors on the back. Simple stock replacements, unlike the front...

I think it's officially crossed the line from LuxoBarge to Tank XL...

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Tank 40?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Lol

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X