Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    Tank 40?
    I don't think it can be Tank 4.0. It's not a Panther, lol.

That's why I'm ok with TankXL. Because in 3 years, there will be TankXL 2. That's all I need out of it. 3 more years. It should about clear 300k at that point.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Maybe I should call my 03 Expedition BeaterXL since I'm the beater gonna beat guy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Geez.
        Currently at 243k. It's turning into a royal shitbox. I had to drop the spare for my buddy's F-150, because his spare wouldn't drop. I looked underneath the Navi and it looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of Lake Erie for 35 years. Yikes. I'm truly hoping I can get 2 more years out of it.
        Besides that, I'm just running the piss out of it. Oil changes every 5k, and that's pretty much it.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Once again, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that rust. 144K on my BeaterXL, though the roof seam sealer is starting to crack and the roof is rusting. *shrugs*

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, it is a sixteen-year-old vehicle which resides in New York. I'm surprised it has lived this long. Do you use Fluid Film or Krown to help slow the decomposition process?
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

My Aunt and Uncle live in Ogdensburg and my Uncle used to come down to Jersey looking for clean cars to flip up north. When I first got the Crown Vic for Mom; he remarked at how clean it was. And that car wasn't exactly the cleanest I've seen. But to him, it was.

Comment

I never used anything on it. It wasn't really a clean to start with, but whatever. The next one will be a bit newer, and will get the full undercoat treatment.
                There's holes developing in the rocker panel. There might be a hole under the drivers floor panel. I mean, 2 years would be great, but it might be replaced over the summer. We'll see.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

If by "undercoat" you mean Krown or Fluid Film, great idea. If you mean some sort of rubberized coating deal, bad idea. All that chit does is trap water and thus accelerate corrosion- don't do it.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                  X