No announcement yet.

Vinyl top love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used 303 as well, didn't stop the inevitable though. Plus mine sat outside 24/7 which didn't help matters. 303 also has a nice appearance, not that slick shiny look some stuff has.

Alex.

Comment

I just keep mine out of the sun. I like the 303, but if you can keep the sun off it entirely it will do more for you than any magic juice could.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If those spots are dark like mold, I have used "InstaGone stain remover which is sold at RV dealers. It works great. I also use the 303 aerospace. Good stuff. You can order a variety of samples from their website for about $7.00

Comment

I'll hit o'reilly today, they say they're a distributor, otherwise i'll order some. My car is unfortunately an outside dog, and being in sunny stupid California, it's rough on things. Looking into getting a car cover, that should help.

Comment

Same here, my poor TC sits outside because I'm too poor to afford a proper house. It's a shame really.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
              You can't buy it, well at least not easily. It's called "Speedy" by Ardex, hands down the best product out there.
              Just looked that stuff up and boy is it expensive. Doesn't say anything about containing polymers, only solvents so perhaps it isn't exactly rubber friendly.

Comment

Same here Derek, here in SoCal the average home, and I do mean "average" like starter home, is between 4 and 500,000 dollars, no shit. So I pay $1250.00 a month for a decent-sized 2 bedroom apartment in a marginal neighborhood where I'm one of about a dozen people that works for a living. The rest are just the absolute scum of the earth, low-life, shit-heel bastards who never seem to work but can somehow afford brand-new cars and always seem to get home and snag all the parking before I ever have a chance. There's actually some broad who has a new Porsche Panamera, and parks it on the street! Probably doesn't even speak English but whatever, one of these other dildos will either steel it or crash into it as they go speeding down the narrow street. Have I mentioned that people here suck? Yeah, definitely need to look into a car cover though.

Comment

Haha, dildozers!

You gotta GTFOT! Got a coworker whose from Commiefornia and he always says I should move there. "Hot chicks dude and lots of sunshine." More to life than that. Too many tree huggers and granola eaters out there for me I think. Hi cost of living doesn't help either not to mention population density. F that noise.

Comment

California had a lot to offer and I lived there for many years. It was the the constant bombardment of regulations, taxes, high cost living, crime and the I,my,me and to heck with you mentality that caused me to choose not to live around that crap. Fires, earthquakes, drought, no water, smog, drinking toilet water just made the choice much easier. At least here, when I look up I see blue sky, when I look at water, it is clear and tastes good. The harsh winters make people stay away. If it was not for the drug dealers bringing their stuff up from NY, MA. PA.NJ. we would not have 90% of the crime we have.
                    The 1100 sq foot house on 6,600 foot lot in San Diego that we sold was first listed at $645,000 . Talk about insane ! That house was bought in 1959 for $13,500. The people who bought it had to have two mortgages. Best advice is get out of California before it falls into the ocean.

Comment

Fuck the sunshine if you ask me, I've had my fill of it. It rains like once a year and everyone loses their goddamned mind! People here normally can't drive but I swear if you threw a bucket of water on the road they'd all crash into each other. Property "value" here is obscene, I pretty much hate most of the people, and I can't afford to live. Sure I can get by, but that's not living. If I made what I make, or even less, anywhere else I could afford a house and probably several more panthers. Thinking of snagging one of these dirty commie loans while they're available and buy a house, wait for it to appreciate a bit then sell and move the hell out of this armpit. I hope this shithole snaps off and falls into the ocean, that would solve a lot of problems, including the drought, lol. Anyhow, the sun and the weather here can kiss my sweet ass, they're killing me and my poor vinyl top. Will get some new pics once I get her cleaned up a bit. Gotta do a new exhaust video now that I've figured out the mic on my phone. Sorry about the rant...

Comment

Lol, your rants are hilarious.

Comment

I myself am eventually going to overlay my vinyl top with ballistic nylon. Removing it and re-doing the whole thing will probably do more harm than good.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          Lol, your rants are hilarious.
                          This.
                          89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

Well after a shitshow of a weekend and now rain, I've still not had a chance to mess with my poor vinyl top, but I did get some 303 aerospace. Still need to clean the top up first, will simple green hurt anything? Thinking it may be the only thing that'll get that shitty orange tint from the car wash off. Never going through a drive-through wash again. Because retarded California is always out of water, they actually recirculate the dirty wash water through the car washes and still hardly use any, so the shit just doesn't rinse off, leaving nasty streaks and making my vinyl the color of vomit. Have I mentioned I hate it here? Well, off to work to watch all these dumb assholes crash into each other all day.

Comment

LoL, never tried simple green so I can't help you there but I think you may hate living in California more than Ash and I hate living next to our neighbors!

Comment

When I had the Mark VI, I used the 303 leather/vinyl cleaner and then followed that with the protectant.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X