Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_201129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1285930

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_201842.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1285931

Can't see it in pic but c pillar has a buckle in it.

Waiting for PD to call me back to see where their investigation went.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

That blows. Insurance will total it out. This sucks.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

eek, peeled that thing open like a tuna can. Probably fixable but its going to be an annoying repair.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you can see inside, the corner where the bumper shock is is pushed in...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Police are still investigating, I spoke to The Mgr @ Uhaul, he couldn't do anything but give me ins contact info, but let it slip that they hit a tree or telephone pole somewhere else too.

Comment

P.D. update.
                The investigating Officer is in training this week, however he went to Uhaul on Tue. and got the renters info, my car was not the only thing they hit.
                Uhaul will not give me any info other than their ins co. Officer will get back to me on Mon.

Comment

they probably have privacy agreements with their renters. Hopefully they'll pay out and go after the driver rather than just add a layer of nonsense between your ins co and the other person's

Comment

Last time I had to deal with a renter hitting my vehicle, it was 3 weeks before I got enough information for their insurance company to care and get someone out to inspect my vehicle. Then it was another month before I was paid. Rental agencies are the worst for timely response. Only people with means that have high power lawyers seem to get them to move at any speed and that's usually done by suing them for loss of use, loss of income, emotional distress, medical expenses, and legal fees on the grounds that if they would just work with the victim, they would not have to seek legal action.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Forgot to update.... Deluged the ins co with receipts & a written history of the car. I told them in no uncertain terms that I did not want it totalled.
                      Sent estimate, they sent an adjuster that countered with a number 15$ less. She said that if the job had any additional issues they would be forced to total. I had already had 2 buddies I trust look at it. It will be done for less than the estimate.
                      I got the check & banked it, stripped anything that would be in TV he way.

With the current chinavirus issue and being laid off we are waiting to have the work done.

The rear bumper was covered in surface rust, cleaned off & rust encapsulated. The tail panel had a few spots inside & out. Cleaned up & encapsulated.

Cleaned up the surface of the spare tire well, enc'd. When the entire car is painted it will go back to body color however I may do the exterior of the tail panel in black. Repop taillights look good, the lenses & housings are done on Ford tooling & have the factory & DOT numbers.

Comment

Pulled the intake and replaced the injectors, bought a set of sillycone hoses thinking I would just do the heater hoses while the intake was off.

The coolant is trash I guess I'll do them all now.

Comment

Test drove it around the block, I forgot how cool this car is, it has been running like CRAP since we got it back on the road. The new 4 port injectors made it (& me) happy. Spun 1st an entire short block, had to let off for stop sign, on the long block rode the spin in 1st till I was tired of it, hit second and kept em going till the next stop sign!
                          BTW, It will hook if driven properly.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                            Test drove it around the block, I forgot how cool this car is, it has been running like CRAP since we got it back on the road. The new 4 port injectors made it (& me) happy. Spun 1st an entire short block, had to let off for stop sign, on the long block rode the spin in 1st till I was tired of it, hit second and kept em going till the next stop sign!
                            BTW, It will hook if driven properly.
                            Awesome.

Hope the body damage gets taken care of nicely by your guys.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks, I am waiting till things return to "normal" before I get it done, it is still a garage piece...

Comment

Got new injectors from South Bay Injectors. Solved the stumbling & backfiring. Drove it around the block a few times. The thing rips, now I remember why I love this car!

Comment

Working...
                                X