No announcement yet.

Mean Mr. Mustard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The headers came out like they were installed yesterday. Got the new ones in & started on the X-Cat Pype. After much screwing around I compared them to the set in the 87 CS. No ceegar. one of the pipes is incorrect. They are shipping me a new one.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

New pipe was received in 2 days.
      Been driving it. Still has fuel issue. I think the regulator and/or injectors are hosed.
      Ordered a new fuel level sender.
      It arrived in pieces. They sent a new one a few days later.

Ordered a new fuel tank for the blue car, arrived damaged.
      Anyone noticing a trend here?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I believe I've got a good set of 19# around here if you need them. They came from my car when I upgraded to 24#. 95% certain I have them and know where they are. Which of course means I'll never find them.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I believe I've got a good set of 19# around here if you need them. They came from my car when I upgraded to 24#. 95% certain I have them and know where they are. Which of course means I'll never find them.
          Thanks Thain, I also have some "somewhere" they are JY take outs though.... Car stuff has to go on hold, tomorrow is my son's 20th B-Day & I go back to work Mon.

Comment

Have the tank out for new fuel level sender & inspection. The black plastic tank protector is dull & dirty. I have some "black trim restorer" I am debating that vs some black "plastic" paint.

Comment

Also, installed Ford racing plug wires.

Comment

Hmmm, this may have bearing on the hessitation, drive ability issues...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190730_134918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1285666

Name:	20190730_133840.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1285667

Name:	20190730_133845.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1285668

Name:	20190730_133904.jpg
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1285669

Comment

Went to my local private Auto Part Recyclers (read basement) & found this....

Name:	20190730_134834.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1285670

Name:	20190730_134843.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1285671

Name:	20190730_134850.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1285672

Comment

The restorer works but only for a while. The paint will probably hold up better color-wise provided it sticks.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's been many years since I have been immersed in the Fox thing.

I do not recall the black fitting on the return line by the tank. The hose is reluctant to slide on. I wonder if the fitting is necessary or a remnant from the manufacturing process, any one know?

Name:	20190829_175805.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1285786

Name:	20190829_175840.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1285787

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                        It's been many years since I have been immersed in the Fox thing.

I do not recall the black fitting on the return line by the tank. The hose is reluctant to slide on. I wonder if the fitting is necessary or a remnant from the manufacturing process, any one know?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52553[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52554[/ATTACH]
                        The black piece on the metal line is one of the internal pieces of the plastic line that clips onto it.If you are replacing the plastic line just remove the black piece from the metal line.If you are trying to use the old plastic line it's junk it'll leak if you get it back on.

Comment

what he said. The metal line should be just a metal line. Thatsa common fitting, should be able to find replacements for it at the parts store. If its the vapor or return line you can cheat and just use rubber hose to connect it.

Comment

Installed "new" tank , line & fuel level sender

Comment

Some shit bag in a Uhaul hit it & kept going on Sat night. Neighbor got a photo of plate. Police don't think I will be able to get anything from drivers ins co, but maybe through Uhaul's.

Comment

A holes.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X