Mean Mr. Mustard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did it sit without a cover outside?

Yah, wheels require a knack, that's for sure. I used to be good with one back when I used to be good with a spray gun. I still think I have it in me to paint and could do the wheel again but would be afraid to burn through.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No, it was garaged the entire time. We clayed it again today. Getting better...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Will be reg'd & insp'd soon. I think it will pass as is. It passes the bounce test and nothing is leaking, however I drove it down the alley a few weeks ago hit a small bump at about 15 MPH and it felt like I hit a curb.

Delivery of shocks, struts & quads expected soon.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Clay bar will eventually get it smooth. My first mustang, an '82 highway patrol car, had super-flat paint. Had to go over it with the clay bar like 3 times then it shined up pretty nice and was smooth. I've never been worth a shit with a buffer. They scare me.

Comment

Every time I see this thread it sticks the Beatles tune in my head...

"..Sleeps in a hole in the road
            Saving up to buy some clothes
            Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose
            Such a mean old man
            Such a mean old man

His sister Pam works in a shop
            She never stops, she's a go-getter
            Takes 'im out to see the queen
            The only place he's ever been.."

Comment

He always shouts out something obscene.

Comment

Named after Steve Collison's project car Mean Mr. Mustang, Beatles song Mean Mr. Mustard and the fact that it is Medium Yellow...

Comment

Haha yep, that's the one man. Such a dirty old man..

Comment

After 19 years of rest Mean Mr. Mustard is now insured, registered and inspected. The original 31 yr old suspension leaves a bit to be desired... Rpl'd the shocks today, the new quads are fighting back. They will be addressed at a later date. I think the struts will be next...

Comment

Pics???

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                        Pics???
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_183621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1283417

Comment

That exhaust looks very nice. Shame the shock fucked off but nice exhaust!

Comment

Thanks, Pypes Violator cat back. It was purchased for the blue wagon but I only used the x pipe. So I saved it for this one. Sat in boxes for years waiting for this project to start lol.

Comment

Is your son driving it? or another "toy" for you? Ahh, why can't it be both!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No wonder the shocks don't work right, they're installed sideways.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X