Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom-kat View Post
    *laughs maniacally*

We are probably going to finish the exhaust tonight.
    By finish, you mean remove, right?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Pics?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Colonel Mustard in the garage with the adjustable wrench...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Gotta clue?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Installed 2.5 catback Pypes Violator kit.

Noticed that the tach no longer functions when we did the exhaust vid (to be posted @ a later date)

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Tom-kat had a fun day today, he will fill you in later.

Comment

Sorry about being so late on this, but even though I don't have my permit I got to drag race the Megamerc. I even won a trophy.

Metal head, guitar player and all around nice guy!

Comment

Cool.

So when do we get pics of this project ?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We don't have any pics yet, but we do have this.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...VIDS!!!)/page5

Scroll down to #84.

Comment

cool

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by tom-kat View Post
                        Sorry about being so late on this, but even though I don't have my permit I got to drag race the Megamerc. I even won a trophy.
                        I see it only breaks for your old man, the car must like you.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

We had an interesting day, we were trying to fix the door pin when it started raining on us. Then we end up running out of welding wire and had to buy more. When we got back, the door fell off of the prop it was on and when it fell it ripped the speaker wire out of the car. It was so dark that when we went to put the door back on, we spent like five minutes just trying to get the pins in the right spots. In the end we gave up and closed the door, and locked it to hold it in place, and it is worse than when we started.

Comment

I've fixed many things until they were broken.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We took another look at the door, and one of the hinges had been egged out. my dad showed me how to weld, and had me practicing on a piece of metal. He did the actual welding and then I ground the weld smooth. We finally put the door back on, and it still drooped, and upon further inspection of the bottom hinge and the hinge is shot. Back to the drawing board/junk yard!

Comment

Stupid f'n thing. I actually have a night off & still have some energy. Nobody's home, good time to work on the Mean one. It is living up to it's name...
                                Took the instrument panel apart a couple mos ago cause the bright indicator, left turn indicator & tach didn't work.

My son (the other one) replaced all the bulbs, I cleaned all the contacts. Tonight I scraped the crap out of my hands putting it back together. Gurss what?

THEY STILL DON'T WORK!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X