Positive battery clamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive battery clamp?

My '03 Ultimate battery clamp is almost rotted away. See pics. The clamp is a double banded clamp and it's like a Y after the clamp. I got a new one but I don't know if anyone makes a new cable that goes to the power distribution box right behind the battery in case it's crusty.

Also I can't find the red terminal goo only the spray stuff but I haven't checked online yet. Should I just clamp the bare wire into the new Y arms after I cut & strip it then heat shrink it?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Goto the local auto parts store. I know the one I previously worked at would stock those. I recommend spraying battery terminal anti corrosion spray, it'll keep it from being so crusty.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

The piece to the power box I don't think is anything special. Should just be a ring terminal on the box end. You'd just need to get a cable with a ring terminal of the right size to fit the stud.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Check the end by the starter just for peace of mind. My 04 rotted off there first before the battery side. Not fun if it snaps in a parking lot away from home!!
        sigpic
        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Fair point. Mioght almost be worth just replacing the whole cable assembly.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X